Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Multiplayer Chess, Internet servers and Yahoo! Games, MSN Zone compatible

The name says it all: a chess app that supports multiplayer gaming, through either:

• Internet chess servers such as the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS) and the Internet Chess Club (ICC).
      -Right now this is done by the program WinBoard.

• Compatibility with Yahoo! Games Chess Rooms
      Not sure if this is possible; integrating messaging could be done by displaying text on the bottom of the screen IF there is a message (like current text message notifications now do)

• It'd be great if you just signed in with your Yahoo! account using the app, and it always went to QUICKPLAY after you picked a room (did don't see room chat, OR only see it the same way as new text message/email notifications display.

• Compatibility with MSN Games Chess. (Same features as above for Yahoo! Chess).

So it's a chess app that takes the user interface functions of Winboard and popular online chess services (MSN and Yahoo!)

That's on my wish list!

Keywords to Google:

Internet Chess Servers

XBoard - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

Chess on Yahoo! Games

MSN Games Chess
    facebook app with the same features as iphone OS version for facebook
    epocrates and other medical apps which do not require the web (since in a lot of hospitals, especially underground unit -- there is no cellular signal, except verizon)
    skyscape and medscape
    skype VoIP using data plan -- i used this quite a bit while i had Windows Mobile
    Yahoo Msnger and MSN --- for now i use m.meebo.com -- which works GREAT.
    legal tethering-- i'll hack mine to do it, i just don't feel comfortable doing it

don't care much about games.
    RM
    Slingbox mobile compatibility for pre
    TEXAS HOLD'EM POKER!!!

It doesn't matter to me if it's online or vs a computer.

Please?
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    How about an app like Windows HyperTerminal. For making winsock IP connections to remote IP addresses.
    Looking for a GPS track timer/mapper, found one for the android based phones, link included below.

Just place the http in front of the addy below.

trackmaster.trackaroo.com/web/trackmaster
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    games!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Photoswap.

I'm really surprised no one has requested this. Seems pretty easy to implement now that we have the upload service. Take photo, it sends to a random user, photo taker receives photo from another random user, chooses to take another picture or reply to received with another photo. Rinse repeat.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Photoswap.

I'm really surprised no one has requested this. Seems pretty easy to implement now that we have the upload service. Take photo, it sends to a random user, photo taker receives photo from another random user, chooses to take another picture or reply to received with another photo. Rinse repeat.

not cool....
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    not cool....
    ??????

It's an iPhone app already and it actually is really cool. It's a perfect port for WebOS.
    I really want a drum app like the iphone has. Something with good quality and precision between the pads and maybe a recorder/sequencer. That would be wayyy cool for a drummer like myself.
    The ipod touch my friend had, had one on it and i plugged into a pa and BAM! A live electric drumset. It didnt sound too bad either.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asetser View Post
    I really want a drum app like the iphone has. Something with good quality and precision between the pads and maybe a recorder/sequencer. That would be wayyy cool for a drummer like myself.
    The ipod touch my friend had, had one on it and i plugged into a pa and BAM! A live electric drumset. It didnt sound too bad either.
    that's trippy....we need apps like that...maybe a dj scratch pad....guitar!!
    I would love if someone could create a webos version of the game robo defense. It's currently an app on the andriod phones, and its so addictive. I would greatly appreciate if one of you smart develpers could just recode it to work with the pre......
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Photoswap.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!! The PRE needs a PhotoSwap app (see iPhone). BUMP would also be a cool app to have. It would be really cool to have voice command (like on the BlackBerry Curve) and I would also love to be able to send multiple texts (at least 10) at once. The ability to forward texts would also be something worth putting on my wish list.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    loopt!!!!!!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    iphone has an application that can spoof you phone number and voice with some other tools for pranks. some form of that for the pre would be nice
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    a chinese character input method !!!
    would be very cool to have a sirius app, espn app...windows app emulator,new rom lite
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    A simple compass
    Audible PLEASE!