Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I'd really like to see a Redbox app. We reserved a Redbox movie using the Pre's browser today and ended up with three copies of the same movie. Maybe an app could, you know, fix that type of thing.
    I'd like to see a blogging app that can directly use a blogging software's interface for example, wordpress.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    yahoo fantasy sports
    There already is an app for yahoo fantasy sports on the yahoosy app in the homebrew secition
    Larnapp- thank you!! #1 what you said.

#2: Backup app that CLONES the entire phone- and all settings for all apps ie: NV Backup for the Treo.

#3 Don't forget vcal/vcard support - send and receive via any method (SMS, Email, blutooth, Wifi) Attach contacts to appointments, attach locations from Google Maps or Sprint Navigation to location field on calendar. Being able to make any app or function use the profile of your choosing (ie: Where app save contacts to your Palm, google or missing sync profile database instead to it's own) Adding an emotocon list BACK to the messaging app on the phone, bring back a Palm Desktop application that is PC and Mac supported...

Next time Palm develops a new phone can they NOT REMOVE the functionality we had and relied on over over 12 years on our PIM databases /Phones?

What's sad is I love the pre for everything my previous palm/ phones/organizers never did or promised...what I HATE is the Pre does very little as well as all my old Palms/Handsprings did!
    Oh Yes definitely a webos version of microsoft money link up.
    Onscreen keyboard, mostly landscape, dont care about a portrait version.
    Video recorder.
    Oh yeah, and also cut n paste from ANYWHERE on the phone. That it is lacking.
    Last edited by srlake314; 08/14/2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Keyboard app (on screen)
    Voice recorder/memo recorder
    Memo app that allow you to write on screen
    Any kind of SMS app that will allow more texting functions such as forwarding texts, copying texts (such a pain to retype a text repeatedly)

Maybe video recorder/more video playback options...

I don't like the Iphone personally...I love the Pre but I do miss some of the basic smartphone features that it has abandoned...
    "What's sad is I love the pre for everything my previous palm/ phones/organizers never did or promised...what I HATE is the Pre does very little as well as all my old Palms/Handsprings did!"

I agree with this 100%! I have had several Palm devices and I must admit I miss the on screen keyboard, the stylus, the ability to copy and paste and forward texts, etc
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ADD PAGES TO THE APP LAUNCHER (really 3, only 3, what were they thinking)

also it would be nice to be able to label those pages, in a cool way, not just the name of the page at top left corner in plain font but maybe a tab style application to the labeling. (Please no rooting), I so do not feel comfortable doing this at all, very convinced I will cause my pre to blow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by stparker View Post
    Keyboard app (on screen)
    Voice recorder/memo recorder
    Memo app that allow you to write on screen
    Any kind of SMS app that will allow more texting functions such as forwarding texts, copying texts (such a pain to retype a text repeatedly)

Maybe video recorder/more video playback options...

I don't like the Iphone personally...I love the Pre but I do miss some of the basic smartphone features that it has abandoned...
    I couldn't agree more. I check the homebrew apps almost daily to see if this has been created yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    My biggest needs are for day-to-day productivity:

- Much better control of notifications (play different sounds for different apps, control number and length of vibrations).
    - Notification reminders (if I don't acknowledge an SMS message, I want it to keep nagging me until I do). Butler does that nicely on the treo.
    - Profiles - One touch to change notification settings across the device. There were some good treo apps for this.
    - Home screen/today screen with upcoming events, etc.

Yes please! I'd be ok with a reminder light flashing on the center button so i can glance at it when i have my sound off (which is a lot) without having to open/unlock the device (new here so i'm not sure if there is something like that already)
    WW Points food log and point tracker
    Yahoo Messenger
    A better facebook app
    Shopsavvy
    Vlingo
    Netflix Queue Manager
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    There's a great app for the iphone called Beat Maker. It litterally lets you make your own beats/music on the phone. My buddy had this on his ipod touch and it is a great app. I'd love to see someone make this for the pre. It costs $19.99 on the app store, but if you are in to this or ever wanted to give beat making a try then it is worth the price. I'd gladly pay $20 for it.

I just hope that the guys who made it are watching the pre and working on it.
    I want to be able to put my apps in folders. 3 pages, 9 pages, who cares -- with folders, one page would suffice.

Also I want Scrabble and Bookworm. Getting a little panicky that the app catalog isn't out yet, pricing isn't set yet, and we don't know whether PopCap or similar games will be provided -- am on 30 day trial and may move to iPhone if we don't get word soon...
    hey can someone make a PICSAY APP like the g1 has to edit pics and text them that would be great
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Lemonade Stand clone.
    Something like Dora E-Bills.
    Lunar for women.
    Farkle.
    Ok I'll add my list:

Video recording
    Good games- Like popcap stuff.
    the ability to use different browsers like firefox and opera mobile.
    Hulu app
    on screen keyboard for landscape mode. Is annoying to turn the phone around to type something.
    Flickr app
    I play World of Warcraft and Blizzard recently released some I phone apps for WoW I would love to get those on the Pre!
    Facebook app-I hate face book in the pre browser. can't view my games or apps!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'm going to agree with just about everyone here and say barcode reader, Shazam would be great, and some GAMES!
    I want a better E-Book reader!!!
    And I want a cool game where you and your friends show up on gps and then virtual zombies chase you and you and your friends are supposed to meet at a rally point on the gps map without getting overrun by the virtual zombies. So you and your friends are running around in real life dodging and weaving zombies that only exist on the gps app, haha.

The G2 has this game, its really cool and I want it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS91572 View Post
    Ok I'll add my list:
    Facebook app-I hate face book in the pre browser. can't view my games or apps!
    I swear the Pre Facebook App better be better than the real site the way they are taking forever to drop a huge social networking program of this magnitude that most people thought would have already been pre-installed on the device during launch day. I thought it would.