Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    I just want to see a thinkorswim app and I'll be set.

It's also be nice if Palm would allow us to change items on the home screen like WM does. Even BB's have the ability to change the icons on the Today screen.
    something224 likes this.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I am wishing for flash player to play clips on website like CNN and some radio station website.
    I would like an app/apps that would allow password protection of certain other apps. For example, lots of people at my office want to play with my Pre. However, access to my email, Facebook, and SMS are SO easy, I am hesitant to hand it over. I would also like to see more control of notifications. I would like to be able to see JUST the envelope and/or bubble when receiving a notification rather than the subject or message. Also, a nagging app like Butler would be great. At the very least, it could light up the LED button when selected notifications arrive. Just my two cents!
    DirecTV DVR scheduler App please!!
    Direct TV
    HULU
    Compass
    I want something like PDAReach in which I can control my Pre from my computer. That way if I get a text message I can just answer it while on my computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    I want something like PDAReach in which I can control my Pre from my computer. That way if I get a text message I can just answer it while on my computer.
    If it's text messages you are worried you can use an app called Zipwhip. It's free and you can access from your Sprint account on your PC. When you log in and go to tools and then text messaging you can send texts and reply to texts from a chat box. You can also change the settings for receiving them on PC or on phone.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Word Processor
    Audio book player
    Voice command/control
    flash player
    yahoo sync and im
    file browser
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    If it's text messages you are worried you can use an app called Zipwhip. It's free and you can access from your Sprint account on your PC. When you log in and go to tools and then text messaging you can send texts and reply to texts from a chat box. You can also change the settings for receiving them on PC or on phone.
    Yeah, I looked at that, but not the same.

PDAReach would basically have an image of a Treo around the phone's screen - you controlled anything on the phone from your desktop.

I emailed June Fabrics, pretty sure they'll port it over to Pre.
    I am looking for an alarm app that when it goes off - you can shake the pre (not have to unlock it) to 'snooze' it.
    And then you can have 2 different options:
    1 - set an exact amount of how many snooze minutes you want
    (good for week days and "hard" wake up times)
    2 - Have a random amount of snooze minutes chosen based on how hard or soft you shake the pre to snooze it.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    My first wishlist wish is that Palm would actually read this thread and do something about it.
    Lots of cool, forward thinking app suggestions in this thread. Lots of game, entertainment, and cutting-edge GPS-related suggestions. I want 'em too. I think it's just sad that my wishlist has to start with basic functionality for business/productivity because so many 'duh-obvious' basics aren't even included. Feels like the core Pre isn't even finished to a 1.0 quality OS.... I'm interested in patches for the sorely lacking PIM functionality PLUS productivity apps. Specifically:
    • A calendar on the Pre like DateBk6 (holy crap! even DateBk3 functionality would be light-years better than current calendar capabilities!!)
    • A Memo App that can be synced to a desktop Memo App plus full searchability, like ANYTHING EVER on Palm OS devices
    • Improved security on Pre-based data with ability to protect individual records or entire apps or groups of files in an app
    • Utility apps that control all aspects of alerts and sounds with ability to select sounds for EVERY alert-related function SEPARATELY as well as the ability to make the Pre's super-lame "ringer-mute" switch into a true mute switch like EVERY PHONE EVER from Palm (except the Pre)
    • Utility apps that control screen brightness and keyboard brightness separately and more completely
    • An outliner like ThoughtManager or BrainForest with a Mac/PC client or password protected cloud program/site (because the built-in task program is SO weak and if I can have a task app PLUS sub-topics and sub-sub-topics like an outliner does, that would be huge!)

Dear Palm (or 3rd party developers picking up the slack for Palm)--
    Please finish core functionality so a cool FaceBook client or voice dialing or solitare can be the biggest app on my wishlist.

-Thanks
    last.fm radio
    last.fm scrobbling integration with mp3 player part of the palm pre.

This would be boss
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've always had a hard time copying my work schedule into my device. This would make it a lot easier. Check out the picture. Basically, you would set the 4 most common shifts that you work and that would display as a list of check boxes. If you checked "11-7" then you would tap each date you have that shift (and it would highlight the date, like the 8th is showing in the jpg). Then you would hit "submit" and it would create a calendar entry (on the pre's calendar, which would then sync just like the other calendar entries already do to your computer/web etc) for each day you selected (it would be an incredibly fast way to write down your schedule). The top box would be the title of your calendar entries, e.g. "chuck-E-cheese; san dimas". The reminder defaults could also be set in the preferences screen. It would be great if somebody could make this. thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moltz2323 View Post
    Good Twitter App
    RSS feeds app
    Yahoo App
    Finance app (like "mint" on the Iphone)
    Visual Voicemail
    Good games!
    weather app
    amazon store app
    yellowpages
    +1 for Visual Voicemail
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Van Gaasbeek View Post
    Here's my wishlist:

Plaxo for Pre
    MS Messenger (or compatible)
    Sudoku
    A very strong and capable investment calculator
    Program that will allow me to search the local MLS
    Any capable torrent program - movies when traveling!
    Hulu
    Sling
    Bible program with New Living Translation
    +1 for Hulu!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    • A calendar on the Pre like DateBk6 (holy crap! even DateBk3 functionality would be light-years better than current calendar capabilities!!)
    • A Memo App that can be synced to a desktop Memo App plus full searchability, like ANYTHING EVER on Palm OS devices
    • Improved security on Pre-based data with ability to protect individual records or entire apps or groups of files in an app
    • Utility apps that control all aspects of alerts and sounds with ability to select sounds for EVERY alert-related function SEPARATELY as well as the ability to make the Pre's super-lame "ringer-mute" switch into a true mute switch like EVERY PHONE EVER from Palm (except the Pre)
    • Utility apps that control screen brightness and keyboard brightness separately and more completely
    • An outliner like ThoughtManager or BrainForest with a Mac/PC client or password protected cloud program/site (because the built-in task program is SO weak and if I can have a task app PLUS sub-topics and sub-sub-topics like an outliner does, that would be huge!)

One of the major problems I am having in making the actual jump to the Pre is I have a 755P now, which has most of these functions and they work perfectly. Going backwards with a brand new phone is a hard pill to swallow.

I am encouraged by seeing the Dev Work Camp and some of the stuff going on there. Maybe it is just a question of time, before we get back some of the old functionality - I certainly hope so. Leaving the calendar from Datebk 5 is really a major setback - not sure it is worth it. Here's hoping a developer gets really interested in an improved calendar for the Pre!!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    The bubble wrap game they have on the iPhone. That would be pretty sick.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    a program like NoData as in the windows mobile phones, where you can activate/deactivate the Internet connection as you wish ... right now it's crazy, the phone keeps connecting without any permission to the net costing me a lot
    I would love to see an App to change font size in E-Mails
    On top of the many good calls made so far (like hulu, imeem, facebook, flash, rss reader, ShopSaavy, visual voicemail, voice and video recording, ect), some I'd like to see:

* HereIAm - "This application can send SMS or email with your address, coordinates and link to Google Maps. This link also opens in Maps application on Android and iPhone, and can be used as an endpoint for driving directions."

* Wordpress.com blogging app.

* A better task/todo list like Astridtask

* Encrypted directories/folders capable of storing files not indexed elsewhere in the phone.

* A proper PDF reader, ideally even one with light writing/editing functions.

* Project Gutenburg and Online Library of Liberty book downloader/reader

* Cocktail database

* POF/Okcupid app, or even just a Craigslist one that has personals (which the current one does not)