Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Anyone seen if pocket tunes will run in classic? More specifically if you'll be able to stream radio stations. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgravo View Post
    Anyone seen if pocket tunes will run in classic? More specifically if you'll be able to stream radio stations. Thanks.
    You guys should just burn copies of all your PalmOS apps and move on...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Take a look here:

Classic for webOS - MotionApps

Towards the middle of the page is a gallery with (new) screenshots of a bunch of different apps. One of the apps pictured is PocketTunes, so it should run, but it doesn't talk about streaming. I do believe that Classic IS supposed to have access to EvDO, though, so streaming might work. Having said that, I'd fully expect a WebOS native app to be available to do the same thing. Personally, I wouldn't be able to tolerate using Classic to run an old-school app to do something that a native app could do (even if that meant purchasing the new app). Just my $.02.

rotello
    While I've been a Pocket Tunes for Palm registered user for years, the Palm version isn't going to be all that great for the Pre. The problem the Palm version has is that it is built for the d-pad and/or a stylus. It's not finger friendly at all, especially on a capacitative screen.

Here's an example of a great finger-friendly music app for Windows Mobile: Conduits > Products > Pocket Player: MP3, AAC, M4A, WMA, Video and Podcast Player For Your Pocket PC or Smartphone! and a great online streaming app: Conduits > Products > Pocket Player: MP3, AAC, M4A, WMA, Video and Podcast Player For Your Pocket PC or Smartphone! (this player is ugly, but is very easy to use)

A good music player for the Pre needs to be (1) finger friendly; (2) easily stream radio programs; and (3) support auto-download of podcasts.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I agree rotello I would rather use a web os app. I use my phone to stream sports radio and would love to do that on the Pre. Wunder Radio would be great. I use it on my diamond and iPhone
    They showed both a screenshot of Ptunes and a list of apps confirmed to work which included Kinoma Player. Kinoma's best feature is its streaming capabilities, so I expect both to work. I wonder if the Pre's browser can download podcasts directly to the built in media player?
    or if the Sirius media player will work.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I am not real interested in streaming, as it will use a lot of battery power, regardless of the program. I loved being able to store podcasts on my 755p (and with automatic updates). I can listen to the podcasts untethered and not worry so much about battery life. Anyone try downloading and storing podcasts using ptunes in Classic?
    Quote Originally Posted by dgravo View Post
    I agree rotello I would rather use a web os app. I use my phone to stream sports radio and would love to do that on the Pre. Wunder Radio would be great. I use it on my diamond and iPhone
    i have sent the people at wunder radio several emails hounding them to make a pre app... they seem somewhat interested
    I sent an email to Wunder Radio yesterday requesting an app for the Pre.

Their reply was to keep an eye on the website for news announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    I sent an email to Wunder Radio yesterday requesting an app for the Pre.

Their reply was to keep an eye on the website for news announcements.
    Please keep us all posted on new findings if possible. Thanks!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    They showed both a screenshot of Ptunes and a list of apps confirmed to work which included Kinoma Player. Kinoma's best feature is its streaming capabilities, so I expect both to work. I wonder if the Pre's browser can download podcasts directly to the built in media player?
    Unfortunately Kinoma's best feature (streaming) does not work in Classic, there in no workaround that I know of to stream wma,wmv
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Unfortunately Kinoma's best feature (streaming) does not work in Classic, there in no workaround that I know of to stream wma,wmv
    speaking of Internet Radio Streaming; I just bought the new Net2Streams app for the Palm Pre. I added my preferred Internet Radio URLs to the favorite list. One out of two URLs work. It's very practical to have a list of favorites where you access your stations with one click.