1.    #1  
    This is regarding the story that Mark/Space is working on an app for the Pre to be revealed at launch.

As a long-term OS X/Treo 600/650/700p user, the news that Mark/Space is possibly working on something is huge (assuming it's The Missing Sync for Pre) and would definitely get me off the fence up about moving my wife and I to the Pre. iCal and Address Book sync are critical for me, and I'm not willing to involve Google.

I contacted Mark/Space on May 6th and asked them if they were planning to make a sync app, and this was their response:

"Hello

We don't know of any plans to support it at this time. If there is an announcement
    on the Palm Pre we would announce this on our newsletters. However there is
    no plans for this that we know of.
    Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you. Have a great day.

Best regards,

La'Keith
    Mark/Space Inc.
    Sales Representative"

Has anyone else heard any different from Mark/Space or have any other info about about this? I know another 3rd party is reportedly working on a desktop sync solution but it would be nice to upgrade my existing Missing Sync license rather than buy another new app.
    Last edited by brentdanielsmusic; 07/13/2009 at 10:18 PM.
    i think you have to take them at their word.
  3.    #3  
    But where's the fun in that?

Last edited by brentdanielsmusic; 07/13/2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Check this out:

http://www.precentral.net/pre-applications-galore

Looks like Mark/Space app will be pre-loaded ! Woo-hoooo
    Yeah, I thought it was listed on the application list that leaked, but maybe that was fake.

Kind of goes against the whole cloud idea, but I would love to sync it with my Mac so I can for-go the whole Facebook/Google sync mess.
  6.    #6  
    Just an update RE the (now confirmed) Missing Sync for Palm Pre, I got this email response from them in answer to wether one could get a discount for crossgrading from The Missing Sync for Palm OS:

Hello

Yes there will be a crossgrade price for current customers. Please sign up for the newsletter
    to be notified.
    Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you. Have a great day.

Best regards,

La'Keith
    Mark/Space Inc.
    Sales Representative

So, good news there, save a little money.
    Last edited by brentdanielsmusic; 07/13/2009 at 10:19 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Okay, I'm being a little harsh in the subject, I'm sure they did their best, but really, Missing Sync For Pre 1.0 is out, and not being able to sync my Address Books pictures from OS X to the contacts app on the Pre is a total FAIL.

https://support.markspace.com/index....=405&nav=0,113

Clearly the must have tried, but it's nonetheless disappointing and kept me from purchasing it. That, and the fact that I never got my bookmarks to sync or iCal either. And this comes after three years of using the Missing Sync for Palm OS with my various Treos with limited success. Great idea, but poor execution in IMHO.

I'm sticking with Spanning Sync and a Google account bridging my OS X Address Book and iCal -- works perfectly with Synergy.
    Last edited by brentdanielsmusic; 07/13/2009 at 10:19 PM.