Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You can add the web browser to the launcher! Hell yeah!

I still love the way it handles bookmarks. I love everything about this. Thanks, and thank you Palm Goon, they're so amazing.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    *pants tighten*
    Oh my...I feel a bit *moist*...
    No mention of multitouch. I'm pretty sure they will have it but it would be kind of a bummer if they have to take it out.
  5.    #6  
    They have it for sure, seen it on at least 20 vids
    "many"touch is there...for zoom in/out...remember??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Damn, that browser looks nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by oghowie View Post
    Damn, that browser looks nice.
    I agree...nice and sharp..clear as a bell!!!!....looks almost as good as my flatscreen monitor....LOL

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    No mention of multitouch. I'm pretty sure they will have it but it would be kind of a bummer if they have to take it out.
    I think (and just my paranoid GUESS) certain usages of multi-touch (e.g. pinch) have been removed completely or multi-touch is completely gone. I hope that is not the case.
    No mention of folders for bookmarks... That would sort of suck for people that have lots of bookmarks and like to stick them in folders for easier viewing.

I like the thumbnail view but it also takes up a lot of space. I'd hate to have to hit the page forward button 6 times to see the pages towards the bottom of the list every time.

Being able to stick shopping sites, forums, tech blogs, news sites together in a folder is a must have IMO.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    I think (and just my paranoid GUESS) certain usages of multi-touch (e.g. pinch) have been removed completely or multi-touch is completely gone. I hope that is not the case.
    I've heard nothing about this - I know I saw pinch/expand zooms in at least one of the videos out of CTIA in April, and I highly doubt they would yank something out less than two months from launch.

Apple has NO PATENT on pinch/expand, and in fact there's significant prior art that would prevent anyone from patenting that. Moreover, everyone thinks Palm would just let Apple push it around with its patents. Fact is, Apple is already violating several Palm patents with the iPhone AS IT IS - if Apple tried bossing Palm around for multi-touch / pinch/expand, Palm could easily slap Apple upside the head with several IP suits. Nilay Patel of Engadget did a really good article on this back in January: Apple vs. Palm: the in-depth analysis
    Why do the "multitouch is gone!" people have to come in here.
    Why do you think that? Please don't say "Apple holds the copyright". They don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    I've heard nothing about this - I know I saw pinch/expand zooms in at least one of the videos out of CTIA in April, and I highly doubt they would yank something out less than two months from launch.

Apple has NO PATENT on pinch/expand, and in fact there's significant prior art that would prevent anyone from patenting that. Moreover, everyone thinks Palm would just let Apple push it around with its patents. Fact is, Apple is already violating several Palm patents with the iPhone AS IT IS - if Apple tried bossing Palm around for multi-touch / pinch/expand, Palm could easily slap Apple upside the head with several IP suits. Nilay Patel of Engadget did a really good article on this back in January: Apple vs. Palm: the in-depth analysis
    I hope you are right.
    These shots are from the SDK, from what I hear is that the SDK doesn't support multitouch interaction, but there are multitouch tests you can try and run, so it will probably be there on the Pre.
  16.    #17  
    I hope there is an "option" of list vie too not only thumbnails
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why do you think that? Please don't say "Apple holds the copyright". They don't.
    I making that guess based on that fact that it is not mentioned explicitly in Palm Pre specifications on palm website plus the fact that it has not been explicitly mentioned/shown in any of the "leaks" we have seen in last month.

Again it is my guess (which I am entitled to). I hope I am proven wrong. I have been palm treo phone owner for last 6 years and will be buying Pre irrespective of multi-touch is there or not.
    I making that guess based on that fact that it is not mentioned explicitly in Palm Pre specifications on palm website plus the fact that it has not been explicitly mentioned/shown in any of the "leaks" we have seen in last month.

Again it is my guess (which I am entitled to). I hope I am proven wrong. I have been palm treo phone owner for last 6 years and will be buying Pre irrespective of multi-touch is there or not.

Go to youtube and check the videos out there are like 20 of them showing off multitouch.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    PalmGoon just got Engadgeted - the site is down.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast