that's beautiful...I love it
    it looks so nice
    And still nothing on how we sync them to our computer and create and edit them there as well.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    COOL

I hope my notes on Exchange can somehow show up too, even if only in the e-mail app
    But will it blend, err, sync? I'm also curious how it handles more than one page of memos, probably just swipe side-to-side like how the iphone handles multiple pages, but who knows.
    i wonder why MSFT EAS doesn't support Notes/Memos.
    i wonder how my 900+ memos will look...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i had hundreds of Memos saved for years. in preparation of the PRE, i now have 0. a few weeks ago i went through and deleted the ones i didn't need, moved others to appropriately associated Contacts' "Note" sections, and others i simply moved to MS Word documents. the Spring cleaning was painful but cathartic and necessary. i highly recommend it.
    I have zero desire to sit and do that. I sit and delete on the fly when I come across ones I don't need. Going into memos was always quicker than going into docs to go. Have no clue how that will go with the pre though.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    And still nothing on how we sync them to our computer and create and edit them there as well.
    Let it go man, let it go...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Simply scroll through another page, just as you would in the Pre's application page.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I have zero desire to sit and do that. I sit and delete on the fly when I come across ones I don't need. Going into memos was always quicker than going into docs to go. Have no clue how that will go with the pre though.
    +1 Maybe it'll be different on the Pre, but on the Treo, D2G is slow to load, and just not as well organized as the POS memo app. I end up using D2G mainly for a bunch of small spreadsheets set up either as logs or to do calculations I do often.

With what we've seen so far, I think the memo app is the weakest looking piece of in-the-box software. It looks like it was designed for someone who has <10 memos. Cute eye candy for the first 9 items, I guess but not very functional if you actually use it to store more than a tiny amount of data.

I have >120 memos and it looks like it would be a real hassle to jump between aardvark feeding instructions and those Zamboni maintenance notes.
    WOW........my bedroom is not that neat!!!...LOL
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Great! Now I'm hungry for boiled water.
    cant see the pics
    site is down. Trying to remember if I saw categories or not. I have utilized the max # of categories at the moment. If categories aren't there it'll be unacceptable. I'm sure there is a list view too that ditches the post it notes. Having to page through at 8 notes a page would be extremely tedious.

And Carioca...can't let it go when I use memos extensively for work. If DTG is that much smoother on the Pre, I could see about making the move or at least having a migration tool that does it automatically, but I doubt that happening since they have a memo section. I'd just hate to see yet another step backwards in things that worked well in the PalmOS that is now non-existent on the Pre thanks to the wonderful world of Apple.
    For me, it's quicker access to text documents than I'd have with Docs to Go. Memos have been standard on the Palm OS for 13yrs. I use them mostly for work related info. I have product info, technique info, competitive info, anatomy. It's all in categories by type of procedure as well as general business info. I keep track of home info...sizes of windows, doors, filter sizes, yard care info. I keep track of wines I like, wines I have and wines I want to try. That goes for ciders too. I hear good jokes and throw those in there to remember for another time. I'll have directions in there. Anytime I make a list for something it goes in a memo. I put team schedules on there. The list could go on, but that's just off the top of my head of what I have on my Centro.
    I hope memos is as nicely done as with Palm OS. I love memos and when you go from a phone with Memos (with catogories) to the iPhone omg, does it suck.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    It would make sense that universal search would include memos, no? that's how I find memos these days on my Treo 755p-- the search function. Too many memos to sift through otherwise...