Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very nice if indeed true.
  2.    #3  
    I know this would be awsome.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Would be funny to see the iphone/at&t's fanboys reaction if this turns out to be true.
  4.    #5  
    ya I know, they've been waiting for 2 years haha
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Slingplayer would be the icing on the cake!
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I hope they don't limit access to wi-fi....that makes the app POINTLESS....
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now my Slingbox doesn't become a paper weight when I ditch my Treo 700p for a Pre.
    Awesome news.
    Yeah, baby!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm interested in the Electronics Arts mention. Hopefully this phone can game.
    Mark/Space developed The Missing Sync which allows devices to sync with a MAC. The Missing Sync for Mobile Smartphones to Mac OS X and Windows

This is the whole list:

Pandora, Electronic Arts, SGN, Craigs List, Sling Media, DirecTV
    Facebook, MySpace, Match.com, Loopt, Twitter
    City Search, Zagat, fandango, Movietickets.com, Lonely Planet, FLight View
    NYTimes, AP Mobile, ESPN, Handmark Stocks, Bank of America
    Intuit, Epocrates, WebMD, Salesfore.com, Austin Lane, Dataviz, Mark/Space
    Epocrates! Yes!!!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    Would be funny to see the iphone/at&t's fanboys reaction if this turns out to be true.
    It's been out for the iPhone for a few weeks now, but it only runs on WI-FI and doesn't run on the older SlingBox A/V's of which I own two. : [ I hope the Pre SlingPlayer works on EV-DO which the current version does work with on my Centro & SlingBox A/V. It's so expensive @ $30! So I hope they have a 30 day trial like they do for the PalmOS version.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    It's been out for the iPhone for a few weeks now, but it only runs on WI-FI and doesn't run on the older SlingBox A/V's of which I own two. : [ I hope the Pre SlingPlayer works on EV-DO which the current version does work with on my Centro & SlingBox A/V. It's so expensive @ $30! So I hope they have a 30 day trial like they do for the PalmOS version.

They dropped the older box limitation they just don't provide support but it works. Wifi only though as you said which is retarded and one of the reasons I'm leaving AT&T
    Why buy a hardware box when you can just use ORB for free? I use it to stream live TV and all my media to my Treo 755P with Kinoma. Works GREAT!!!!

I hope Kinoma will be ported to the Pre!
    Last edited by Paladin; 05/29/2009 at 09:06 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Why buy a hardware box when you can just use ORB for free? I use it to stream live TV and all my media to my Treo 755P with Kinoma. Works GREAT!!!!

I saw kinoma on the list for Classic
    Praise god from whom all blessings flow!!!!!!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaalelujah!!!!!!

Where's my sleeping bag??????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    don't know much about slingplayer. can you only use it with a slingbox or is it possible to use on its own? sorry but i am embarrased to show my ignorance but, as they say, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask

i know about orb, but i dont think you can stream from your dvr. sure, if you have a tv tuner and can record on your pc then thats another way to do it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    don't know much about slingplayer. can you only use it with a slingbox or is it possible to use on its own? sorry but i am embarrased to show my ignorance but, as they say, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask
    Slingplayer is the client program for the Slingbox device. The Slingbox device captures the video from your system(s) at home, and rebroadcast them to the client device.

There are also controls (and IR devices) so you can change channels, fast forward, etc.

I know many, myself included don't want to leave our PC's on all the time just in case we want to Orb.

Slingbox integration really is top notch. I've used it on several other devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast