Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Palm/Sprint has not limited sling player mobile to wifi yet, so I think they will keep it this way.. Every other palm/sprint device allows you to use evdo to sling so we should be ok!!!!
    Go Sprint! Go Palm! Go Sling!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Slingplayer is the client program for the Slingbox device. The Slingbox device captures the video from your system(s) at home, and rebroadcast them to the client device.

There are also controls (and IR devices) so you can change channels, fast forward, etc.
    Thanks for your reply and patience with uninformed non-techies like me. sounds like great system but don't know if i watch enough tv to justify $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    Thanks for your reply and patience with uninformed non-techies like me. sounds like great system but don't know if i watch enough tv to justify $300.
    My friend, that's what kids and father's day is for!! (That's how I got mine).

Sprint TV ran $10 a month. in 30 months (I think we actually got mine on sale for $249) it's paid for itself, and with better TV programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Palm/Sprint has not limited sling player mobile to wifi yet, so I think they will keep it this way..
    Neither did AT&T until the iPhone got Slingplayer.
    I wonder if this has been developed yet and is just waiting for the full app store to become operational?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I emailed Sling Media about support for the Pre and this is their response:

As we understand, you want to know if the SlingPlayer Mobile software will work with the new Palm Pre, we will be more than willing to help you.

Sling Media welcomes this new exciting device to the mobile platform. The Palm Pre introduces a new hardware and its all new “WebOS” platform. Both of these are totally new; but Sling Media’s Product Marketing and Engineering groups are currently investigating how to deliver a world class application to this new exciting mobile platform.

Sling Media is actively investigating on how best to create a Native “WebOS” application for the Palm Pre.

They didn't give a timeframe but hope they come out with a player soon.
    My sling box has been sitting in a box for awhile..let's hope I can use it sooooon!!
    I get a feeling that we won't see a Slingplayer app until Flash is on the Pre. I'd like to see it sooner, though.
    i hope it comes out soon. Football season is upon us and i always find myself having to run around durring a game. Would be great to watch on my pre. Or you could go to a game and watch another game on the pre. Im drooling. I never used the slingbox but it sounds amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Or you could go to a game and watch another game on the pre. Im drooling. I never used the slingbox but it sounds amazing!
    Well, it does sound amazing, I tried on my TouchPro. Unfortunately in the 3 stadiums I tried this it didn't really work too wel. 60,000+ people in one location really bogs down the cellular network and streaming is nearly impossible...
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
    Well, it does sound amazing, I tried on my TouchPro. Unfortunately in the 3 stadiums I tried this it didn't really work too wel. 60,000+ people in one location really bogs down the cellular network and streaming is nearly impossible...
    valid point sir, totally forgot about the cell phone congestion problem.

Hopefully everyone in the stadium will be on ATT and Verizon leaving me lots of bandwidth!

i still want slingplayer though and an app for the PRE!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hmm, wonder if the HAVA player will be available?
    I found this poking around the sling website.
    They are looking for a Senior Mobile User Interface Designer.
    One of the requirements was:

"•Be knowledgeable about and/or interested in becoming an expert on the existing user interface paradigms used on iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android, and Palm WebOS."

slingmedia.com/get/job-sr-user-experience-designer.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12