Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Looking at the PalmOS apps shown in the MotionApps article that Dieter just posted I see Pocket Quicken.

http://www.precentral.net/35-fresh-screenshots-classic

PQKN is only useful if you can sync to with you PC or Mac via USB. Does this mean that Classic will be able to have some form of USB sync?

If so WOW!
    Last edited by TomD; 06/04/2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Looking at the PalmOS apps shown in the MotionApps article that Dieter just posted I see Pocket Quicken.

http://www.precentral.net/35-fresh-screenshots-classic

PKTQN is only useful if you can sync to with you PC or Mac via USB. Does this mean that Classic will be able to have some form of USB sync?

If so WOW!
    Unfortunately it does not.
    I'm just glad that splashmoney is on there, now I just hope that the classic app can run slingplayer for palm os
    Can't say i'll be buying the classic app. Just can't see me using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    A PalmOS device that can't hotsync is almost useless.
    Kinda what i was thinking. Or apps that aren't fully functional.
    Well there are certain apps that are a must have for me so I see no other way arround then using classic, I just hope t here will be a trial first so that I can see what apps work before I buy it.
    does anyone know if you will be able to delete thos application that come with palm like calculator and stuff. I mean ther is no reason for this as we will have a calculator on the WebOS, I'm just trying to keep the Classic app clutter free.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Well there are certain apps that are a must have for me so I see no other way arround then using classic, I just hope t here will be a trial first so that I can see what apps work before I buy it.
    Unfortunately, my "must have" apps require hotsyncing to work properly.
    what's the point of hotsync, I never use it on my centro anyway.
    what's the point of hotsync, I never use it on my centro anyway.
    The point of hotsync is to synchronise data between you desktop machine and your smartphone/PDA.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Those pics are almost like a 'Most Popular' list from the PocketGear/PalmGear/Hanango sellers.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Another question.

Will we be able to do shortcuts to Classic apps?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I'm just glad that splashmoney is on there, now I just hope that the classic app can run slingplayer for palm os
    I'm with you on SlingPlayer and a hopeful sign for me is that SlingPlayer at one point (not sure if it still does) depended upon one of the libraries installed with Kinoma Player (which is now in the gallery of screenshots).
    If classic has network access, I'm sure it does. You can use resco explorer's file sync to "file" sync pdb's wirelessly. I know this is not per record sync, but it will get me through until it gets developed.

I'm getting classic day "one", for splashId, splashMoney, ereader, 4cast mainly - I'm sure I'll load it with everything I own, might as well I bought em.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  16. Gup
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Unfortunately, my "must have" apps require hotsyncing to work properly.
    Most of mine too. My favorite being PocketQuicken. :-/

I still believe that you have a work around, though cumbersome it is.

You can go get the old PalmOS emulator/simulator for the desktop that was intended for developing PalmOS applications. Set it up to 'sync' with your desktop. Install the 'classic'/PalmOS apps onto that emulator and the emulator on the Pre itself. Sync the desktop emulator with quicken. Copy the PDB file from the desktop emulator to pre's emulator folder. Then later copy the pre's pdb down to the desktop's emulator, sync again.

Lots of extra steps. Hopefully the original developers, or someone entirely new, will develop an actual Pre app to replace these classic apps at a later point....

Or someone will write another 'classic' sync application for Pre's emulator, as there is a network sync option for HotSync, though I've never really used it... nor am I sure that it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    me either. there's no non-Pre-included app that i need that i can't recreate with a non-proprietary non-black box Excel/Word Doc.
    Looking at the Motion site and faq, I'm really impressed with everything it can run. I didn't expect many apps that trap the OS to run but its sounds many will, including those that directly access the screen. Very impressive.

The faq states that networking will work but IR, bluetooth won't work. It doesn't include Blazer but if a link wants to open a browser, it will use the webos browser.

I wonder if it will run apps the trap the OS like zLauncher, Butler, GoodLink, etc.

While we wait for PDANet for webos, the PalmOS version just might work given it allows net access.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I wonder if it will run apps the trap the OS like... GoodLink, etc.
    Nope... Goodlink (as a PalmOS app...) has been ruled out! Under Classic, Good has said it does not work!

Now, they have stated that they will be coming out with a WebOS client, but they have not committed on a date... Typical... They have just now/recently come out with an iPhone client...

I still don't understand how Palm/Sprint could ignore one of the most prevalent Enterprise apps in the IT arena... Good and Palm have always had a relatively good relationship - hmmm...

Jason
    That's unfortunate that Good won't work under Classic. Palm has been so focused on the product, they forgot to address applications.

Two key apps that I need, Good and PDANet are making me second guess a jump to Pre. If there were announcements that they'll be available in a month or so, I'd go ahead and jump.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast