1.    #1  
    This campaign is viral alright ... It's making me sick!

Oh well, I can't wait to get my hands on one anyway!
    ::sigh::
  3.    #3  
    Maybe it's the Bond incognito affect ... The coolest device that nobody knows about!

Hey, watcha got there? Oh, nothing ... Just another mono-tasking device like all the rest (laughing to self).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Me View Post
    Maybe it's the Bond incognito affect ... The coolest device that nobody knows about!

Hey, watcha got there? Oh, nothing ... Just another mono-tasking device like all the rest (laughing to self).
    If the phone is advertised properly with a stellar campaign on television (and I don't mean like the Instinct's Bonny and Clyde rejects promotion), then the Pre has a chance to be recognized on the street by more than just phone nerds.

In effect, it can become..."iconic"...but only if it is advertised correctly. Viral campaigns are good for internet buzz, not for sales to Joe and Jane Average Consumer.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    If the phone is advertised properly with a stellar campaign on television (and I don't mean like the Instinct's Bonny and Clyde rejects promotion), then the Pre has a chance to be recognized on the street by more than just phone nerds.

In effect, it can become..."iconic"...but only if it is advertised correctly. Viral campaigns are good for internet buzz, not for sales to Joe and Jane Average Consumer.
    I hear ya Insp_Gadget, I was just hoping for a bit more regarding this announcement. There's still two more weeks, so anything can still happen. I wonder how much their financial situation is affecting the ad campaign?

To be honest, I've never been this excited about a phone release ever ...
    Last edited by Pre-Me; 05/19/2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Me View Post
    To be honest, I've never been this excited about a phone release ever ...
    The last time I was close to this excited about a phone release was with the Treo 270 and a little less so with the Treo 600.

But this is a different ballgame altogether. This is something truly new and with that comes anticipation. The Treos were still PalmOS. I knew what to expect. WebOS is brand new and with it I expect a whole new world.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.