Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    how do u have to pay for an app when u buy it from the store will it be billed to your account or do u have to pay with credit card ??.. any ideas or help appreciated
    It'll most likely be tied to your Palm account (the same one which is for their free backup service.) I'd have to imagine it'd probably be credit cards only.
  3.    #3  
    sorry to say hope ur wrong , i hope its just billed to your account, to be payed later with your phone bill
    He's probably right. You're buying the apps from Palm, not from Sprint, so putting it on the service bill would make little sense.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It won't be through your account.

Cause the store is owned by Palm...so just like the blackberry store and iPhone store....the careers are not involved.

Tho the Pre looks to have a Sprint section.
    I doubt it will be through Sprint if only because the phone will be on other networks soon enough. Better to have a single app store.
    Unfortunately, considering the Pre will be on a variety of different carriers, worldwide at least (eventually), it'd make much more sense for them to only have the one store to deal with, not having to do a ton of different stores with each carrier.

Also, from InsideSprintNow:
    During initial setup, the webOS platform creates a Palm profile. This profile gives customers access to critical Palm services to:

* Update device software.
    * Download new applications from the App Catalog.
    * Restore calendar and contacts data and applications downloaded from the App Catalog.
    * Erase calendars, contacts, and other data through a remote wipe.
    Some Palm Pre Questions Inside Sprint Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Unfortunately, considering the Pre will be on a variety of different carriers, worldwide at least (eventually), it'd make much more sense for them to only have the one store to deal with, not having to do a ton of different stores with each carrier.

Also, from InsideSprintNow:

Some Palm Pre Questions Inside Sprint Now
    That actually sounds great. It will be nice to have a repository to back up all contacts (as if Gmail and Exchange weren't enough already) as well as apps purchased. Seems the best way to make sure you always have access to software you purchased as well as your info.

It would be really nice if they offered a way to download your contact list to your PC as a backup too. I think this is going to be one hell of a great integrated device. I already have some of this level of integration between Outlook calendar/contacts/email/tasks on my PCs and my phone thanks to Windows Mobile but WebOS looks like it will let me do similar things with my personal Gmail account and Facebook.
    I would much rather use my own credit card just so my phone bill is one amount and extras are paid immediately.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    well since palm and sprint are obviously working together maybe we will have an option to bill to our account or to pay with a cc.
    Out of curiosity, how does it work on the iPhone? It doesn't show up on your ATT bill does it? You pay the ITMS/App Store, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does it work on the iPhone? It doesn't show up on your ATT bill does it? You pay the ITMS/App Store, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    It won't be through your account.

Cause the store is owned by Palm...so just like the blackberry store and iPhone store....the carriers are not involved.

Tho the Pre looks to have a Sprint section.
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoonick View Post
    sorry to say hope ur wrong , i hope its just billed to your account, to be payed later with your phone bill
    It's going to require a credit card and will be separate from your phone bill. It's through Palm, not Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    He's probably right. You're buying the apps from Palm, not from Sprint, so putting it on the service bill would make little sense.
    How about using Amazon? Since they're using that for music, maybe there will be a Palm/Amazon App Store?
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    How about using Amazon? Since they're using that for music, maybe there will be a Palm/Amazon App Store?
    I would think that the Amazon MP3 store would be with an Amazon account (from which Palm will get a minimal cut).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  16.    #16  
    so we have to use a credit card for the app store and through amazon???
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoonick View Post
    so we have to use a credit card for the app store and through amazon???
    After all that - it appears you've finally figured it out.
    why is this so difficult? With apple, itunes just happens to be all inclusive, and you get billed through your itunes account. If Amazon is a separate entity with it's own billing it just makes sense to keep it that way. The app store is through Palm so Palm is the one that bills you when going through the store. I do digital downloads through Amazon all the time. You have a default credit card on file, and once you approve the download it charges your card. There's no checkout, cart or anything like that. The Amazon music store should be pretty seamless on the Pre.

I can understand how people only want one source of billing, but it's just not practical. Not everyone pays their own bill. Those charges wouldn't be allowed when the company foots the phone bill.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  19.    #19  
    settle down there kupe its just a question
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I would think that the Amazon MP3 store would be with an Amazon account (from which Palm will get a minimal cut).
    I know that, I'm talking about them using Amazon for their MP3's and using the Amazon account to purchase Apps from Palm? Know what I mean? Just like using the same credentials.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast