Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well you can always use the same credit card for Palm and Amazon. I just don't see the need to have it tied together like that.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Me neither.
    do you really think palm will make it that complicated where you have to use your cc for everything seperatelly I'm sure you will have the option to bill it to your sprint account just you are currently able to to with palmos apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I know that, I'm talking about them using Amazon for their MP3's and using the Amazon account to purchase Apps from Palm? Know what I mean? Just like using the same credentials.
    My bad, misread that.

I don't see that happening either. The Amazon MP3 app won't be available outside the US, I can't see Palm tying an integral part of webOS into it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    do you really think palm will make it that complicated where you have to use your cc for everything seperatelly I'm sure you will have the option to bill it to your sprint account just you are currently able to to with palmos apps.
    I don't get where the complicated part comes in.
    exactly. The app store for pretty much everything except for a media download service. Wow, it's just mind bottling. I already download music and movies from Amazon now. You're telling me it'd be easier for me to have that stuff billed through Amazon, but if it goes direct to my Pre I have to have it billed separately through Palm? Yeah, that's just so much easier. Besides, I can sit at my laptop and browse around Amazon's site and buy stuff to download. If it is for the Pre, I'm betting i'll be able to send it directly to the Pre (okay, small leap of confidence there). So then how would that get billed. It's Amazon on my Pre, but I'm doing the transaction on my computer through their main site.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I don't get where the complicated part comes in.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Its really not taht complicated.

RIM did the paypal route where everything is bought using your paypal account.

I don't know yet, but I bet Palm will have you set up a CC on their website and that will be tied to your phone enabling you to buy things from the app store (prob. password to complete purchase maybe?) FOr the Amazon MP3 store I have a feeling Palm set it up so you can just use your palm account to buy anything.

Why is this complicated?
    Sometimes the phone is smarter than the person.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Why is this complicated?
    Gift cards would be nice.

One thing that sucks about living in Canada is that the US iTunes Store is far better than the Canadian one. So I buy US iTunes Gift Cards and pretend to live in New Hampshire (no sales tax).

Also, I hate having a credit card synced to stuff like this because then I buy way too much (learned my lesson back when Canadian iTunes Store opened).

So c'mon Palm add some gift cards or maybe use Amazon gift cards. That'd be cool.
    Remember, Palm isn't the only source for apps. Sounds like 3rd party app stores will still be available.

I'd like to see more demo apps use registration through paypal and/or google checkout. Try it and if you like it, just paypal it and update on the spot.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12