1.    #1  
    Hi, if this has been answered/discussed somewhere else, my apology in deed. I have not found anything specific to my questions.

I have over 10 years of data running on Treo 680 (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos - all native Palm appls, no 3rd party apps) In other words, Treo680 runs my life.

I intend to buy a Pre running Classic and I will need to "move" all my data from Treo680 to Pre (Classic)

How do I do that?

I have seen videos/discussions on Pre running Classic to be able to run most of Palm OS apps and it is as easy as copy the prc files to Pre via the USB connection. This would not apply to my case. Please enlighten me... Show me the light...

Thank you all indeed...
    you won't and that'd be dumb to do anyway. that's like buying a Ferrari and tying the front bumper to a mule to tow you around. (you know you guys love that analogy!)

classic is not for PIM data. your PIM data will go on the new webOS PIM apps which you will transfer via the Palm PIM transfer tool. and then all will be right in your world. we hope.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    This is a long shot, but if you have a file manager like Resco Explorer or FileZ, you might be able to email the data files to the Pre & move into the Classic receiving folder. Otherwise, you may have to bite the bullet and load a convenient PC with Palm desktop and sync the 680. Good luck!

Also, IMO it's not that dumb; I'll be moving my PIM data to classic (assuming everything goes the way I want it to) to work with a database app that I've been using for years on my Palm pda for very efficient paperless scheduling--'till other apps come out that I can totally replace that system with. That's a lot of what Classic is for.
    Last edited by ArGiEs; 05/17/2009 at 04:49 PM.
    Regards,
    Bob (RGS)
    It's critical that Palm gets this whole data transfer thing right, and from the start. If users can't move your PIM data seamlessly (no hokey work-arounds or funky export/import/pray tricks) from older model Treos to the Pre, then how can they have faith that Palm hasn't released a half-arsed half-baked product? They will immediately alienate a HUGE part of their potential customer base.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    It's critical that Palm gets this whole data transfer thing right, and from the start. If users can't move your PIM data seamlessly (no hokey work-arounds or funky export/import/pray tricks) from older model Treos to the Pre, then how can they have faith that Palm hasn't released a half-arsed half-baked product? They will immediately alienate a HUGE part of their potential customer base.
    you mean you're not out on the Cloud already???

OUTRAGEOUS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    They won't get it right. The Pre will only sync PIM data over the cloud. The syncing of legacy data is not supported. The "Classic" PalmOS emulator does not support syncing at all.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    If you go to Motion Apps' blog there are instructions on how to move legacy PIM data from the PC to the Classic folder via the DTA
    Regards,
    Bob (RGS)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArGiEs View Post
    If you go to Motion Apps' blog there are instructions on how to move legacy PIM data from the PC to the Classic folder via the DTA
    Not the same thing as syncing.