Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Here is a screenshot of the app taken from the Sprint NASCAR site. Check it out for all of you NASCAR fans...

PreThinking - Your Source for all things Pre - A Peek at Palm Pre's NASCAR App
    so the circle graphic on the app helps me follow them all drive around in a circle for 3 hours? very interesting. pass the budweiser and the pork rinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Here is a screenshot of the app taken from the Sprint NASCAR site. Check it out for all of you NASCAR fans...

PreThinking - Your Source for all things Pre - A Peek at Palm Pre's NASCAR*App
    How cool is that? Way Cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    so the circle graphic on the app helps me follow them all drive around in a circle for 3 hours? very interesting. pass the budweiser and the pork rinds.
    Can I have some of your Pork Rinds?
    JerryM
    Fort Fun Indiana
    Hello Moto Krave ZN4 that thinks it's a Pre or Pixi

PreThinking - Your Source for all things Pre - A Peek at Palm Pre's NASCAR*App
    For all the disdain I hold for this 'sport' it does look like a good app. Hopefully it will push other sport and general app developers to a similar level.

Since the other thread is now closed I will post this here for anyone interested in the demographics of NASCAR and why Sprint might chose to support it.

Google Answers: What are the demographic for Nascar Fans?
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    How cool is that? Way Cool...

Can I have some of your Pork Rinds?
    Pork rinds are foul.
    it has now been determined that NASCAR fans are a protected class. hence, i can no longer comment further on this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    it has now been determined that NASCAR fans are a protected class. hence, i can no longer comment further on this topic.
    Actually, I think what Dieter actually said was:

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn
    Guys - the stereotyping of Nascar fans in this thread is unacceptable -- flinging insults at an entire group is not cool.
    It's a shame you didn't understand what he was saying...
    Gekko...wow.

I think NASCAR harmed you in some way as a child.

I already proved they are some of the most brand loyal customers, as long as the fact most Fortune 500 companies advertise in NASCAR....

And yet, still being ignorant.
    Well for other people who care:
    NASCAR is one of the most viewed professional sports in terms of television ratings in the United States. Internationally, NASCAR races are broadcast in over 150 countries. NASCAR holds 17 of the top 20 attended single-day sporting events in the U.S.[7], and claims 75 million fans who purchase over $3 billion in annual licensed product sales. Many marketers consider NASCAR fans the most brand-loyal in all of sports and as a result, Fortune 500 companies sponsor NASCAR more than any other Motor Sport.[8]
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    What I would like to know about the app is if the image is static and you have to refresh to get the latest information, or if its dynamic and the updates show in real-time?
    Good question. I feel like there would def. be an auto refresh, but also a manual option to refresh.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    It shows that the stats are updated real-time, but what I really meant was the track with the drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, I think what Dieter actually said was:

It's a shame you didn't understand what he was saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Gekko...wow.

I think NASCAR harmed you in some way as a child.

I already proved they are some of the most brand loyal customers, as long as the fact most Fortune 500 companies advertise in NASCAR....

And yet, still being ignorant.
    Well for other people who care:
    Piling on the guy who just said he had nothing else to say on the subject is real classy.

I already posted real numbers for NASCAR's fan base for anyone who cares to read more then their paragraph long fluff piece.

...Stay on target...
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Piling on the guy who just said he had nothing else to say on the subject is real classy.

I already posted real numbers for NASCAR's fan base for anyone who cares to read more then their paragraph long fluff piece.
    I think it's a a bit classier than him taking another parting shot as part of this decision to say "nothing else".

The fact is that there was not such "protected class" announcement. What Dieter actually said was that "flinging insults at an entire group is not cool", and that included Nascar fans, and thus wasn't accepted.

Edited to honor Dieter's request

Personally, I've never had much interest in Nascar, watching a bunch of cars go in circles for a few hours. At the same time, there are a number of sports for which I don't understand people's affinity:

• Golf - Chasing a little ball around a field
    • Baseball - five minutes of action squeezed into two hours

and some that I personally enjoy, that I don't understand "why"

• Football - 22 guys trying to move a weird ball from one end of the field to the other
    • Sailing - five minutes of action squeezed into two hours, and no ball to play with
    • Scuba - floating around in a hostile environment, dependent on an artificial life-support system, with a bomb on your back, where you're really not supposed to touch any of the things that look interesting

However, one thing that all of these sports have in common is that there are applications currently available for other PDAs that support them, and are popular.

Every single one of them, including the NASCAR app, that is available for the Pre, is a plus for the Pre.
    Last edited by hparsons; 05/16/2009 at 10:48 AM.
    Ok ok ok.....last thing.

Bryanharig and Gekko...why come in this thread? Think about that.

Moving on....i'm not a NASCAR fan but i think this would be something people would love if you are a fan.

A similar Baseball app would be sweet as well.
    ....A similar Baseball app would be sweet as well.
    That is what I would like to see!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Ok ok ok.....last thing.

Bryanharig and Gekko...why come in this thread? Think about that.

Moving on....i'm not a NASCAR fan but i think this would be something people would love if you are a fan.

A similar Baseball app would be sweet as well.
    Because I wanted to share the demographic info I found and was interested in discussing why Sprint might see a sport I find about as interesting as chicken nuggets as worth investing in both sponsorship and an app. Unfortunately the original thread was closed denying us a place to discuss that and denying NASCAR fans a chance to explain their passion for the sport.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Some possible Pre advertising information from the guys over at Prethinking...

PreThinking - Your Source for all things Pre - Sprint Ramping Up Ad Blitz for Palm Pre
    What I would like to know about the app is if the image is static and you have to refresh to get the latest information, or if its dynamic and the updates show in real-time?

I bet it's 100% dynamic. The Track Pass feature on Nascar.com looks exactly like that screen shot (at least the portion with the track and the "dots" moving around it). I can't imagine the app on the phone being static.

Pork rinds = good eats!
    Some possible Pre advertising information from the guys over at Prethinking...

PreThinking - Your Source for all things Pre - Sprint Ramping Up Ad Blitz for Palm*Pre
    I checked out their forum and it's being spammed really bad
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast