Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please!!!!!!!! I am not a Nascar fan but if you did this for other sports.....mmmmmmmmmmmm
    Sprint made a NASCAR app because they are huge sponsors of the sport: NASCAR.COM : series : cup

MLB, NBA, NFL, etc are all going to have to make their own apps.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Sprint made a NASCAR app because they are huge sponsors of the sport: NASCAR.COM : series : cup

MLB, NBA, NFL, etc are all going to have to make their own apps.
    we could see some more apps for the NFL, sprint is a sponsor of that as well.
    I love lolcats
    Hmm, another thread about the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    we could see some more apps for the NFL, sprint is a sponsor of that as well.
    Good point, though I'm not sure that Sprint's investment in NFL isn't quite that as it is in NASCAR.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Hmm, another thread about the same thing.
    Waaaahhhhhhh....sounds like you could use some kleenex...

Its not the same thing. It is about making an app fof MLB, NBA, NFL, Fantasy Sports.

I hate it when people cry over "threads"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Good point, though I'm not sure that Sprint's investment in NFL isn't quite that as it is in NASCAR.
    Sprint has had an NFL mobile app for dumbphones for years, they have every bit as much investment in NFL that they do for NASCAR short of renaming the Super Bowl to the Sprint Bowl.

I have a feeling there will be a NFL Mobile app for the Pre as well. Though Sprint has disappointed me in the past with regard to this... there hasn't been a smartphone NFL Mobile app ever, just a website to go to. In other words, they have the basis of something that should be extremely easy to port to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Waaaahhhhhhh....sounds like you could use some kleenex...

Its not the same thing. It is about making an app fof MLB, NBA, NFL, Fantasy Sports.

I hate it when people cry over "threads"...
    lol, Kinda like you're doing now? Proved your own point.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    lol, Kinda like you're doing now? Proved your own point.
    No, I wasnt crying about a thread that was started
    Well,
    pretty much all the nascar cars have a sprint sticker, so I see what they did there lol.
    Well the MLB has an app for the iPhone, so I'm sure there is a good chance we'll see that on the Pre. And you can watch some NFL stuff on Sprint TV.

But yeah, if the MLB makes their MLB.TV stuff available for the Pre, I definately will buy that
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    Well,
    pretty much all the nascar cars have a sprint sticker, so I see what they did there lol.
    I'm pretty sure that'd be because the championship of NASCAR, from what I understand, is the "Sprint Nextel Cup" or something like that. (Though I don't follow the 'sport' so I really have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that'd be because the championship of NASCAR, from what I understand, is the "Sprint Nextel Cup" or something like that. (Though I don't follow the 'sport' so I really have no idea.
    Sprint is the main sponsor of the race series. It was actually Nextel that had the contract, but Sprint absorbed it when they merged. Before Nextel it was called "Winston Cup" for Winston cigarettes. The stupid ban on tobacco products in sports made them find a new sponsor.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Try Handmark's PocketExpress ... Telus has a 'custom' version and it works well - most stuff is free and there are some 'premium' services ...
    SEE HERE

No doubt Sprint will have a version of NFL Mobile for the Pre and I'll bet it will be amazing.
    As for MLB, I have a connection with MLB.com and am trying to get in touch with a person who could help get a MLB app for the Pre.
    Hey Sprint... I'm a geek and I think sports are boring, make all of these sport apps you plan on having preinstalled easily removable!!!!!111!!one1!
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Hey Sprint... I'm a geek and I think sports are boring, make all of these sport apps you plan on having preinstalled easily removable!!!!!111!!one1!
    LOL yeah personally I wouldn't want a NASCAR program using space in the percious 7GB
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    the NFL app was available on most smartphones this past year.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    the NFL app was available on most smartphones this past year.
    Its not an app though. At least for the Treos, it opened up Blazer and you viewed it as a webpage. The 'app' was just a shortcut to a website.

What would be nice is simply having an ESPN App to combine all of the sports instead of each individual sport coming up with their own.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Its not an app though. At least for the Treos, it opened up Blazer and you viewed it as a webpage. The 'app' was just a shortcut to a website.

What would be nice is simply having an ESPN App to combine all of the sports instead of each individual sport coming up with their own.
    Sportstap on the iphone is good.....I sent them a message 3 months ago about making a pre app, so we'll see.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast