Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    LOL yeah personally I wouldn't want a NASCAR program using space in the percious 7GB
    Then delete it.
    if you can
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    if you can
    Why would you not be able to delete an application?

Basic phone usage apps (like Web browser, phone dialer etc.) you obviously won't be able to delete.

But I am 99% sure they will allow you to delete the NASCAR app.
    I just don't like to assume..
    Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

Basic phone usage apps (like Web browser, phone dialer etc.) you obviously won't be able to delete.

This just makes me hope for an Obfuscate style program just in case of problems like this.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    lol, Kinda like you're doing now? Proved your own point.
    How can you argue with a guy who is always right?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

if it's stuck in the ROM, silly. see My Centro, Quick Tour, Sprint Mobile Email, Sprint Store, Sudoku, Sprint On Demand - among others.
    And if it can be deleted, don't reinstall it every time the pre does an OTA update. Not saying it will, just sounds like something I could see happening.
    Last edited by asforme; 05/16/2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Speaking of not being able to delete. My Treo 680 shipped with 2 songs that are locked. I dont know why they locked those, they aren't important to the system (like the Phone app or something)
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Speaking of not being able to delete. My Treo 680 shipped with 2 songs that are locked. I dont know why they locked those, they aren't important to the system (like the Phone app or something)
    tried this?

FileZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    tried this?

FileZ
    If it shipped with it, it's probably in the ROM, and all FileZ will let you do is look at it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    If it shipped with it, it's probably in the ROM, and all FileZ will let you do is look at it.
    not necessarily. ringtones, sample mp3s, sample photos, etc. all ship with device in ROM but can be deleted. they'll reappear after hard reset, but they can be deleted.
    not necessarily. ringtones, sample mp3s, sample photos, etc. all ship with device in ROM but can be deleted. they'll reappear after hard reset, but they can be deleted.
    Those aren't in the ROM.

ROM = Read-only memory.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Those aren't in the ROM.

ROM = Read-only memory.
    wrong once again. they start in ROM and are copied into RAM at boot up. how else would they keep reappearing after delete, silly?
    wrong once again. they start in ROM and are copied into RAM at boot up. how else would they keep reappearing after delete, silly?
    Well then they aren't really gone then, are they?
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    my point, before you decided to chime in as resident know-it-all, is that perhaps his locked MP3 is simply a ROM based file that gets copied to RAM at boot up and thus can be deleted by FILEZ. but no, in your annoying rush to be a know-it-all, you demonstrate your ignorance.
    Dude, relax. Flinging insults isn't going to help anybody.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Watching the Nascar All-Star race tonight, during Driver Intro's they had a Semi Trailer with the 2 Big Palm Pre's, the screen lit up and said Palm Pre's coming soon!!!!
  20. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Yea, I'd love an NBA app....!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast