Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I typically use squeezecenter (logitech squeezebox web interface that aggregates multiple music services), so I am not exposed to ads either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    How does Pandora make money?
    Pandora also has referral links to amazon and iTunes so that if you buy a song that you are listening to or have bookmarked they can get a cut of the proceeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Isn't that kind of counter-productive since it makes Pandora no money? I understand not wanting ads, but it's an incredibly great free service. Using something like that just hurts the company and could affect the availability of the free service if they aren't making enough money to make ends meet. I may very well be misunderstanding what it is you're using though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
    It still plays the ad's between songs every now and then but it cuts out the background ad's that you would see in the browser version It also has the links to buy the songs just like the full version
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Pandora also has referral links to amazon and iTunes so that if you buy a song that you are listening to or have bookmarked they can get a cut of the proceeds.
    And hopefully this app helps them make money since the Pre is already integrated with the Amazon store. I would take Pandora/Amazon over iTunes/ITMS any day.
    I like the amazon store too. It is a little rough looking, but it works and it is cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It still plays the ad's between songs every now and then but it cuts out the background ad's that you would see in the browser version It also has the links to buy the songs just like the full version
    Gotcha!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12