1.    #1  
    I love my slingplayer mobile and hope this all works out. I just hope they don't make it wifi only. Not a deal breaker for me, but not ideal.
    I dont want to buy a slingbox. And I dont have a tv. So personally I would like Hulu support over Sling. Or support for Amazon VOD.
    Hulu ftw!!!
    Until (or if) Sling releases a player for the Pre, does anyone think the sling.com web site will work for the Pre once Flash is available?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Until (or if) Sling releases a player for the Pre, does anyone think the sling.com web site will work for the Pre once Flash is available?
    No reason not to. Even my old Sprint Touch, with the help of Skyfire, can play videos from the Hulu website. They actually run pretty fast too, especially considering that Skyfire uses a Proxy server to render all the sites for you, and considering that the Touch has a rather puny 400 Mhz cpu and is 2 years old!
    For those that already do have a slingbox - I agree this would be a VERY good time for Palm/Sprint to get on the offensive and start making talks with Sling Media. Right when the sour taste of AT&T disabling Sling with 3G is still in people's mouths, Sprint could use this as an addition to their "Now Network" ad campaign. It would be funny to see "Right now 10000* people are trying to watch their Slingbox on their iPhone and failed, 100000* people are watching theirs in real-time over Sprint's 3G network"

*I'm just making up random numbers here
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I dont want to buy a slingbox. And I dont have a tv. So personally I would like Hulu support over Sling. Or support for Amazon VOD.
    Then you should pray for Flash 10 support for the Pre !!!
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Then you should pray for Flash 10 support for the Pre !!!
    I will hope for it! Hows that?

Are they still talking about q4 for flash support?
    I was thinking they should've already been talking with Sling. Maybe they have.
    I guess this theory goes out the window. This didn't take long.

Gizmodo - How to Hack the iPhone to Use SlingPlayer and Skype Over 3G - Slingplayer 3g
    One more thing about any Sling app. I don't get the feeling its that mainstream yet but there was something else along with the Pre at CES creating buzz...a new DishNetwork receiver with built in slingbox. If i remember right it had a Sprint 2009 release frame that's came and about over so who knows.

DISH Network ViP 922 HD DVR hands-on and video
    I really hope Sling makes a good 3G capable application for the Pre.
    Follow Me On