Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Natara Bonsai
    Quote Originally Posted by macdaddy View Post
    Forget about the pretentious Facebook's 'Mafia Wars'. Maximum respect to the O.G. Dope Wars!
    Yes. I can remember tapping on my Palm Pilot learning about economics!
    Playing Dope Wars on my Clie prepped me for the drug dealing mini-game in Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ShortCut5

The ability to have many shortcut definitions/macros at hand is invaluable!
    I have to have PDANet because it allows for free tethering!!!
    Woman Plus

It's really for my wife, but knowing when her period is coming (so I can stay "late" at work) is a life saver!!! :-)
    Pocket Tunes and Kinoma.

I have many more but I use these two apps every day... plus how am I going to listen to your PalmCast with out them :-(
    until an application comes out that can sync memos to the cloud, i'll need to run QuickMemo..i can have a local copy and email a copy to myself.
    PocketLingo's American Heritage Dictionary bundled with Roget's II The New Thesaurus
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Datebook 5
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    MVoice!
    Perhaps the most important one (especially since I paid for it) is Scrabble. On my old Tungsten T3, it was fast even at the higher levels, and it had an enormous dictionary.

Second would be a game called Dope Wars. Yes, there are others (I even found one for jailbroken Wiis!), but the original just has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi about it. I suppose someone could reimplement it in javascript, but I don't remember what support it has for random numbers.

Lastly, just for kicks, would be the Apple //e emulator. Partly because it has always been cool to have a //e in your pocket (though typing in graffiti was a bear). But a virtual Apple on a virtual Pilot on a Pre would have a certain geek thrill all its own.

Rob
    I need my daily dose of Bejeweled, and Alchemy. Besides that i use Cryptopad on my current TX quite often!
    mSafe just in case the unthinkable happens and i lose my phone. Its nice to know i could lock it with a text message
    Here's a list of the software I pretty much depend on, hoping there will soon be alternatives on webOS:

NoAlarms by Erwin Schomburg (free) - gives you a look into the alarm queue of your device, along with an option to select a timeslot to exclude alarms
    FileZ by nosleep software (free) - a powerful file browser plus memory usage and battery status and even more advanced functions I haven't used myself though
    PocketDoan by Joseph H. Stadolnik III. (free) - a "meditation timer" but for now I use it as a tea timer
    MetrO by P. Bernard (free) - a guide to "public transport systems worldwide (400 cities covered now)"
    2LaunchMe by MetaViewSoft ($15 w/ free trial) - I use it solely to map the Y key to Z on my Treo 680... (but it's also a command bar accessor, traffic counter, sub launcher, hotkey launcher)
    DbFixIt by Pimlico Software, Inc. ($12.95 w/ free trial) - helps keep the
    Mobipocket by Mobipocket.com (free) - an e-book reader, but I'm positive there'll be plenty or e-book readers for webOS to choose from, most probably there will be a version of Mobipocket as well
    Plucker by plkr.org (free) - e-book reader I hope will continue to be developed even for webOS... (it's main purpose as an offline web browser I think will be lost with webOS devices but it still serves as a great alternative e-book reader)
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
    I use my VNC over SSH solution nearly daily using Hitachi Japan's Micro-VNC with SSH. Or mVNC. I love it! (I just hope the capacitive screen works well with it.) Thanks MotionApps and Precentral.net!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Tide Tool

and

Star Pilot
    Agendus
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    audible
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Datebk6 and TakePhone
    LJP!

I hope they release something like that for the Pre... I like me Nintendo games.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre