Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me if the Palm OS app Keycaps will work with the Pre's keyboard? This app allows you to bypass the option button when needing to capitalize a letter or use the second function of a key. You simply double tap a key to use the second function that is designated for that particular key, and then you just hold down the key to capitalize the associated letter. I am wondering if it is enabled inside the emulator will it allow us to perform the same functions on the Pre's keyboard? Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Welcome to the forums...

We have no idea how hacks like KeyCaps are going to perform.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    might the function of KEYCaps already be built into the new OS? ie. double tap for #'s, etc.?
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    There are blackberry like typing shortcuts with the Pre.

SUch as automatic period after two spaces and things like that.
    Cool thing. Makes typing on the iphone easier. Would like to see similar in the Pre.
    It may work in the emulator (Classic), but I doubt that the PalmOS app would affect any keystrokes outside of Classic.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    There are blackberry like typing shortcuts with the Pre.

SUch as automatic period after two spaces and things like that.
    Do you have a link to a Palm statement or video featuring these shortcuts? I thought I had been keeping up on their statements pretty well, but I do not remember this...

Anything that makes the Pre more blackberry like is fine by me!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Yeah I would like to see a video or blog on that one myself.....That would be awesome.
    Hmm I'll try to find where I head read it.
    I've grown so accustomed to KEYCAPS, that I might not buy a Pre until it's got an equivalent program. Sounds silly, but I find reaching down into the corner of the keypad quite awkward...to the effect of losing my grip on the phone a couple of times.