Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm a PharmD student and used the iPhone back when there was no app store and after the fact. This was when epocrates used a web interface until their app came out. I went to the link because many of those formats work on the Pre but they have discontinued it. Also, drugs.com which works on the iPhone with its own web interface does not recognize the Pre as a mobile browser and formats it as a full web page as opposed to the web app seen on the iPhone. At least a web interface could hold us over for a while.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Same here....

I'm an ER doc. I need quick answers to some questions while on the run...i've had a few smart phones and most recently, had to carry an ipod touch (at&t has HORRID service in my area).

I have the pre...and am praying for epocrates (or something like it) to hit the app store. Would also love to see 5mcc. Keeping my fingers crossed...
    Guys, you know people have gotten epocrates running with Classic, right? I want to know whether Lexi-Comp's programs will work on the Pre...(I depend on Lexi's drug database--it's at Lexi.com if you don't know about it...).
    OK guys I was wrong...... check out m.epocrates.com. That should hold some of us over for a while.

Edit: never mind. It's somewhat buggy.
    Try drugs.mobi
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Edit: never mind. It's somewhat buggy.
    it takes you to warning screen if you try to search for a drug.

but i actually know a website one can try and its free and reliable.

pdr.net - do need to create an account but its great
    you guys should check out the thread on this forum -> Epocrates through Classic?

Epocrates can and is running on the Pre through classic!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    PATIENCE everyone....it has not even been 1 week. I know for a fact a native ePocrates app is in development (can't disclose my source, so don't ask). It'll be here soon. MUCH sooner than the 6 months it took for iPhones.

Compare the iPhone Evernote app - didn't it take over a year from when Evernote started as a Beta to when an iPhone app showed up?

Developing for the Pre appears to be much easier than other platforms as evidenced by the apps popping up each day and an "official" SDK isn't even out yet... My prediction is Apps will come faster and will be more powerful--

"Palm built it......the apps will come" (in a James Earl Jones voice)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    For instance if you go to the Skyscape app store for 5mcc 2010
    Skyscape: Skyscape's 5-Minute Clinical Consult: Mobile medical references for Palm, Pocket PC, PDA, Tablet PC, Windows Mobile and Smartphone.
    There's an Platform option in the drop down box for Classic
    I don't know but my guess it is a compiled installer PRC
    No free trial for the Pre Classic version??? whats up with that?
    A native Epocrates for webOS would be great! From reading the Epocrates site I just thought they were working on making it fully supported through the Classic emulator.

Although it hasn't been a full week yet, it has been a few days where some of us are either without our old apps such as Epocrates or having to carry our old device in our white coats.
    Now these apps are nowhere near "making or breaking" doctors but they are indeed very helpful. "MUCH sooner than 6 months" is great but that can still take weeks or months (obviously). For those that have patients, enjoy Epocrates, and/or want one less thing to carry around, Epocrates can ALREADY be installed and runs on the Pre through Classic.

It would be great if Epocrates ran on webOS without the need for Classic, and even better if we had an ETA, which would help make the decision whether to pay $30 for Classic or not! Damn the 7-day trial for Classic!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    When i was at a sprint store i asked the sprint rep if any pres got returned and he said 4 of them had, 2 of them were from doctors n 2 were for the leaked screens. the reason the docs didnt like them was because it wasnt compatible with some of their apps
    Another ED doc here.... I love my pre... I'm looking forward to my 1st shift tomorrow without my centro and with classic epocrates. Wish me luck
    Well, two months since launch, and no signs that a PalmOS version of ePocrates is forthcoming, nor any other medical apps for that matter. My inquiry to medical publishers all result in a generic non-committal response. Meanwhile, I'm getting bombarded with new iPhone medical apps by the day... the latest being the new free Medscape app. In my group of 75+ health care providers about 65 have iPhones/iTouch, and I'm still the ONLY one with a Pre. Not looking good for Palm from my perspective as a physician.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Well, two months since launch, and no signs that a PalmOS version of ePocrates is forthcoming, nor any other medical apps for that matter. My inquiry to medical publishers all result in a generic non-committal response. Meanwhile, I'm getting bombarded with new iPhone medical apps by the day... the latest being the new free Medscape app. In my group of 75+ health care providers about 65 have iPhones/iTouch, and I'm still the ONLY one with a Pre. Not looking good for Palm from my perspective as a physician.
    Hang in there buddy
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    From the epocrates website: "Development of a native application compatible with Palm's new webOS is under investigation." I personally take this to mean that they are planning to have a native app.
    Build Quality needs to be better in case a scalpel hits the palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Well, two months since launch, and no signs that a PalmOS version of ePocrates is forthcoming, nor any other medical apps for that matter. (
    They're coming and the first one out is a homebrew medical calculator by yours truly

I agree Palm should work with Epocrates to get a WebOS version out ASAP as that would be an important factor in capturing the medical market and keeping more physicians moving on to iPhones.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    At least it looks like m.epocrates.com is easier to work with now. Now there's an "agree" button you can hit after searching. I swear it wasn't visible before.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Another ED doc here.... I love my pre... I'm looking forward to my 1st shift tomorrow without my centro and with classic epocrates. Wish me luck
    Good luck.
    I know you probably get this all the time, but thanks for being a doctor. I know many a doctors that make great personal sacrifice just to take care of others.
    Interesting info for a patient to read.

I have rheumatoid arthritis with several on-again-off-again complicating co-conditions so I feel like a professional patient half of the time! RA is one of those conditions that just takes a lot of energy to stay on top of. I've had it since I was 16 and I'm now 33 so that's more than half my life at this point.

Med compliance and compliance with lab schedules are huge issues. Remembering when to refill prescriptions is another now that most insurances have a very narrow window of allowable refills. With methotrexate, I need lab every 6-8 weeks and I need reminders to take my methotrexate and enbrel weekly. I also really like apps that allow me to quickly track whatever strange variable is puzzling me this week.

I used windows mobile for this but not very well. There are a fair amount of blood pressure trackers and other apps, but few really functional customizable apps. My favorite so far has been AmeliaPlex OnTimeRx -- it's an alarm system for medication, etc., but also tracks med compliance.

I've always wanted to develop an app that lets patients track as much as they think is useful but boils down all the info to an "at-a-glance" format for a doctor. Say that you see me in an emergency room. What sort of health info would you want my pre to give you, aside from the obvious vital statistics? And how should I do it so I avoid putting it out there in the cloud for everyone?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast