Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    A role I'd gladly volunteer for
    Me too!

This thread is really interesting from an average joe POV. I have a cousin who is a neurologist and he went from WinMo (700wx) to iPhone, I am wondering if I should try and convience him to move back to Palm
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Me too!

This thread is really interesting from an average joe POV. I have a cousin who is a neurologist and he went from WinMo (700wx) to iPhone, I am wondering if I should try and convience him to move back to Palm
    Shouldnt be hard, "Being able to check more then 1 appointment/schedule/patient file at once while surfing the net and listening to music over your bluetooth headset all at the same time!! Now try that with your iphone! Oh did I mention how much you would save a month?"
    Is there any news on a pre version of epocrates?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Is there any news on a pre version of epocrates?
    It will work with Classic, but not sure if anything has been posted about a Pre version.
    exactly! I saw that video and the text was so small theres no way it'll be effective, even on classic view. I guess we'll have to count on the internet for now until a native app is released. Any idea how long it took for the ipod epocrates app to come out?
  6.    #26  
    I sent a customer service inquiry to Epocrates.com on their website. I will update you guys when they respond regarding a Palm Pre version of their software
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I sent an e mail to epocrates about a month ago (knowing that palm had said they were trying to assure epocrates at launch). The response I got said that epocrates would indeed be available on the classic palm OS platform. I re-wrote to them and asked about a native WebOS platform, and was told that currently there was no release date planned for it. It will be interesting to see if Cary328is gets the same response or not.
    Here are a few interesting links with some relevance :

Tired of iPhone hype? Well, the Palm Pre cometh. | mobihealthnews

http://www.precentral.net/palm-ceo-e...-pre-investors
    Last edited by rbcmd; 05/21/2009 at 10:21 PM.
    This is an interesting thread!....I use the Pro a lot for teaching and research....and I could use apps for anatomy physiology, path, micro, immun ology etc....I teach premeds etc ! Any ideas welcome....
    I'm OK with the MOtionApps emulator tiding us over till native WebOS apps appear. And they will appear for the major medical applications provided WebOS takes off - which I suspect will happen.
    The emulator is important for the smaller niche apps which may not be migrated to WebOS.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I wish the we could open multiple windows of CLASSIC on the Pre so we could really use more of our medical apps....

The way i see it i might be keeping the CLASSIC app running in the background for me to access ePocrates easily...
    Anymore news on the epocrates front?

I saw that leaked document of programs that would be available at launch or soon after launch, and epocrates was on there. That led me to an online chat with epocrates customer service, and they had no clue that there was even a native app being developed.

I really really hope it doesn't take as long as it did for the iPhone version to come out.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    There's always ePocrates Online until the native app is here.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I am in the UK - provide a software service to Transplant Drs in the NHS. They can remotely view donated organs and tissue via the web or mobile phone. They can share images, notes etc

First we started off with the laptop + usb data modem - most couldn't be bothered to turn the laptops on and use it. We then moved to Windows devices which were ok but really lacked a nice UI and the screens were too small. Currently they use web enabled netbooks which are a good compromise but it's time for new hardware as we have been waiting patiently for the right device.

Then we came across the Iphone - a lot of Drs in the UK - if not over half the registrars use the Iphone as its cool and plays music. But it lacked a decent camera - some drs find it useful to just take a pic of some notes and upload it than waste time typing it in.

So with the Pre we have high hopes but not if its coming in 6 months to the UK.

But what really intrugues me is the Web/os platform. Our service is web based - there is no client app which make rolling out updates straight forward no need to download an update.

Apple is promoting their app store but the real benefit is thin clients that are downloadable on the fly. A roll out wouldnt take long and bug fixes could happen so much quicker but more important in health related apps by not having any permanent local store of data if there was a client app we can increase security.
    How awful is it that MotionApps shows us a Demo of epocrates on CLASSIC, only to tell us now that the phone is out that it really does not work yet. I am a bit outraged by this. Its false marketing!!

Epocrates Search Portal

MotionApps better have an explanation!
    I think the problem would be solved if Epocrates comes up with a single PRC installer file, otherwise one could try to run a Hotsync setup but not Sync the files yet to a Palm, and then copy all the Epocrates installation PRCs/PDBs to another folder for transfer to the Classic installer directory.
    Skyscape has a new download option for Pre Classic compatiblity for their newer apps
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I think the problem would be solved if Epocrates comes up with a single PRC installer file, otherwise one could try to run a Hotsync setup but not Sync the files yet to a Palm, and then copy all the Epocrates installation PRCs/PDBs to another folder for transfer to the Classic installer directory.
    Skyscape has a new download option for Pre Classic compatiblity for their newer apps
    How does SKyscape work?
    For instance if you go to the Skyscape app store for 5mcc 2010
    Skyscape: Skyscape's 5-Minute Clinical Consult: Mobile medical references for Palm, Pocket PC, PDA, Tablet PC, Windows Mobile and Smartphone.
    There's an Platform option in the drop down box for Classic
    I don't know but my guess it is a compiled installer PRC
    Do Lexi-Comp programs work via classic? (Lexi.com)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Shouldnt be hard, "Being able to check more then 1 appointment/schedule/patient file at once while surfing the net and listening to music over your bluetooth headset all at the same time!! Now try that with your iphone! Oh did I mention how much you would save a month?"
    Uh, you really think this is what doctors need to do? Phew...

Every doc I know that switched from their hated Palm OS phone to iPhone tells me ecstatically "I LOVE THE iPHONE!" Guys, sorry, but iPhone and blackberry won in healthcare. Palm is the name of the device docs HATE because they were forced to use it years after it had been dated.
    As a general / vascular surgeon, the main app I miss is Epocrates. Otherwise, the Pre is an amazing piece of kit for non-medical stuff.

If the apps can just start coming out, Palm may get some momentum going. . .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast