Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Here is a link to the differences of all of the app stores. Obviously, the Pre app store has a lot of unknowns but it is still some nice information.

Gizmodo - Giz Explains: All The Smartphone Mobile App Stores - Mobile app stores
    I don't agree with the "Maybe" about installing programs from other sources, since Palm's said that it won't be the only way to install things. Honestly though, I personally couldn't care less about all of those details about the Pre App Catalog.... as long as developers are making things for it and there's some way to buy them, even if it isn't the best way in the world, I'll be happy with it.
    the Palm App store was a joke- a hyperlink on my centro? What lame effort.

Apple vs. everyone else, and why no one will ever catch them? Desktop client! iTunes. Much easier to search, buy and install through your desktop than through a phone's web browser.
    I hope they don't charge any license fee to register as a developer. It could all end-up like Symbian; few good quality applications.

PalmOS's strength is/was the extremely wide range of applications for every purpose imaginable, including many specialized niche apps, made possible by the freely available SDK. On the other hand, Symbian (for example) wants developers to pay an yearly subscription for the developer certificate.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    the Palm App store was a joke- a hyperlink on my centro? What lame effort.

Apple vs. everyone else, and why no one will ever catch them? Desktop client! iTunes. Much easier to search, buy and install through your desktop than through a phone's web browser.
    It's clearly referring to the Palm App Catalog, which is the store for the Pre.