1.    #1  
    I hope someone can make a good Pre app for Google Voice. This app would let me:

1. Make phone calls through the Google Voice service so my Google Voice number shows up as the outgoing caller ID (Windows Mobile and Iphone can already do this)

2. View the text of Google Voice-transcribed voicemails;

3. Send SMS messages with the Google Voice phone number.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I agree. That would be cool.

To help answer your question, though, first it needs to be asked when that is coming to Android.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Agreed. Even something as simple as a "Call with Google Voice" button when you highlight over a phone number. That could simply send an API call to the Goog Voice service which would call your number and connect the call. A little clunky but I don't think there would be any other way to do it.
  4.    #4  
    The way it works on Windows Mobile (iDialer) is that you use the idialer app to make a call. Idialer calls my Google Voice number, inputs the correct responses to the prompts ("press 1 to..."), and then inputs the number I dialed. The phone call takes about 5 extra seconds waiting for the prompts/confirmations, but it works fine.

Google Voice lets me respond to SMS messages and they appear to come from my Google Voice number, not my cell number. But I can't start a SMS conversation and get the correct phone number showing.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Wouldnt it also work using the browser? But I quess a standalone app would be easier and quicker to use.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I totally agree with this. It will be very handy to have this app on your phone.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    I am sure someone will as they did for the iphone. Google Voice (formerly Grandcentral.com) is an awesome tool for my business. I love the SMS feature now. I would love to see an app that contains threaded two way SMS message history.
    I know this is about GoogleVoice for the Pre, but since the Pre isnt here yet someone might be interested in a simple GrandCentral Dialer for PalmOS. Several months back, I requested for Dmitry to make a simple GrandCentral Dialer for PalmOS based off the source code that other platforms used, and he produced it the same day. If anyone is interested, it is available here:http://palmpowerups.com/downloads.ph...download_id=59
    For what its worth, this app will still work on your account after you convert it to GoogleVoice since the old GrandCentral site and login still functions (for now).