Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dieter has done it again! He got a great video today of the Classic PalmOS emulator on the Palm Pre! Very impressive! Meaning Dieter's video and the emulator.

I'm sure the folks in the medical community will be very pleased to see Epocrates running on the Pre in Classic mode. I was happy to see Bejeweled 2 running pretty darn smooth too.

Dieter asked plenty of great questions and got answers for all of them. Head over to our sister site PreCentral.net and watch the video!
    YAY Dieter!

Good job and thanks!!

I was very impressed with the speedy boot, A LOT faster than the Centro.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I think the medical community will be ecstatic!
    Emulators were something Apple stubbornly resisted. This prevented Styletap from coming up with a Palm emulator for the iPhone. It also prevented people like me from adopting the iPhone.

In your face, Apple!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    It sure seems to run snappy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It sure seems to run snappy!
    Epocrates was running much faster than it does on my Treo 680... There is no way I can wait to get a Pre now...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

8 invaluable minutes of BARYE's life was invested in watching that video -- minutes that BARYE will never again see. Yet despite that, I still do not know whether or not my Palm Desktop data can be cleanly exported to the Pre --

is it just me -- am I the only one that cares ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/02/2009 at 09:09 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    8 invaluable minutes of BARYE's life was invested in watching that video -- m inutes that BARYE will never again see. Yet despite that, I still do not know whether or not my Palm Desktop data can be cleanly exported to the Pre --

What kind of data? There are ways to sync PalmOS data to Google apps, then sync it back down to the Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    What kind of data? There are ways to sync PalmOS data to Google apps, then sync it back down to the Pre.
    silly me -- and to think all I want to do is cleanly sync my existing Palm Desktop contacts etc from my PC to my phone -- I never even considered sending them into orbit ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/03/2009 at 09:06 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Sync your PalmOS Treo Contacts to a Piece of Paper. And then the contacts you backed up onto to a Piece of paper can now be Uploaded to your Pre. No 3rd party sw or Cloud needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    8 invaluable minutes of BARYE's life was invested in watching that video -- minutes that BARYE will never again see. Yet despite that, I still do not know whether or not my Palm Desktop data can be cleanly exported to the Pre --

My recollection is that there was an undertaking given early on to provide a facility to import PalmOS data.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the precision that was achieved using the finger as a stylus on the Pre screen. Quite small buttons were readily accessed in one of the programs demonstrated.
    WebOS and PalmOS on one device..an even faster PalmOS at that, Oh drooool! Day one buy if I even have to freakin camp out I will! Knowing my luck though with the small sprint store here, probably won't have it grrrr.

EDIT:
    With PalmOS emulator on now, what apps are you wanting to port over when you first get your Pre? I know I'll be loading up Palmary clock for my alarm clock, zLauncher to customize PalmOS, AudiblePlayer (I keep my audio books, YES!), TreoWeather, and QuickMemos.
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 04/03/2009 at 02:32 AM.
    LJP

lol

I wonder if tomtom or garmin would work? I really hate having to rely on network for map data and prefer a standalone like palm os.

This is definately cool though. I didnt hear any music when Bejeweled played. Does it also emulate sound? It owuld be a shame if it didnt.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm just hoping they had the volume down for that part.
    I wonder if it does emulate ljp if you can assign keyboard buttons?

That would be nice I think.

With this news I am excited about the Pre again and will probably consider it over the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I think the medical community will be ecstatic! Emulators were something Apple stubbornly resisted. This prevented Styletap from coming up with a Palm emulator for the iPhone. It also prevented people like me from adopting the iPhone.
    Same here. I had zero intent to even look at Pre knowing that it wouldn't have the medical apps I need. Now I have every intent to look at it and I will likely buy. This is great news.
    -- Josh
    This will make the pre's 8GB of memory even more precious . Putting a bunch of Palm OS programs on the PRE could take up some of that.
    The files are tiny on PalmOS apps. The biggest one I have is with pTunes and thats almost 3MB. Memory shouldn't be a problem.
    My workout software is old school Palm. I will want to port that over. Have yet to find a substitute I like the same or better which is why Ive held on to it for so long.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Exactly my thoughts, what software do would I NEED from the get go... PDF Files/D2G maybe, the game collecton I have (probably unusable due to the button locations...

I have a LOT of software to tweak/customize my T680... what use will they have, zlauncher? (not sure I would...)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast