Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    This article tells how to get your apps and PIM data into "Classic." I'm not sure it addresses calendar items, specifically, but it may: http://www.precentral.net/how-copy-y...-classic-webos

There is no syncing within "Classic."

Here's a link to search results for the term "classic" on PreCentral.net: http://www.precentral.net/search/classic

Here's an article that links to and talks about the MotionApps "Classic" FAQ: http://www.precentral.net/motionapps-chimes-classic-faq
    Many thanks West3man. I think the last paragraph in your first link is the info upon which I am waiting:

A final note: as we've mentioned many times here, apps inside Classic cannot interact with apps on the Pre/webOS, so you won't be able to sync up your PalmOS contacts with your Pre's contacts. Stay tuned for another How To explaining how to get your PIM data into the cloud so you can sync it all down to your Pre.

I assume we are all still just staying tuned in that regard (They also serve who only stand and wait). Has there been any PIM cloud info?

Thanks again.

BlazorBoy

PS Another question revealing my ignorance: it says "Plug in your Pre and open the "Classic" directory" Do you plug your Pre into the computer?? What do they mean? Again sorry for the dumb questions, I have not followed all the material on the Pre. BB
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    PS Another question revealing my ignorance: it says "Plug in your Pre and open the "Classic" directory" Do you plug your Pre into the computer?? What do they mean? Again sorry for the dumb questions, I have not followed all the material on the Pre. BB
    Yes. When you plug a PrPrPr&#$275$; $into$ $a$ $computer$ $with$ $USB$, $it$ $will$ $mount$ $itself$ $as$ $a$ $USB$ $drive$ ($essentially$, $an$ $8$ $GB$ $flash$ $drive$). $Classic$ $will$ $have$ $a$ "$Classic$" $folder$ $directory$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $into$ $which$ $you$ $can$ $just$ $drag$ $and$ $drop$ $your$ $PRC$ $and$ $PDB$ $files$.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Captain Hair, how much does the Pre weigh & how big is the battery? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Yes. When you plug a PrPrPr&#$275$; $into$ $a$ $computer$ $with$ $SUB$, $it$ $will$ $mount$ $itself$ $as$ $a$ $USB$ $drive$ ($essentially$, $an$ $8$ $GB$ $flash$ $drive$). $Classic$ $will$ $have$ $a$ &$quot$;$Classic$&$quot$; $folder$ $directory$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $into$ $which$ $you$ $can$ $just$ $drag$ $and$ $drop$ $your$ $PRC$ $and$ $PDB$ $files$.

Thanks for the help. This may be a good harbinger of some type of Palm PIM sync to come either wired or cloudy. I sure hope so.

BlazorBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'd say it's doubtful. We already know that BT won't work, so you can't connect to a laptop that way. I bet it will also not be able to access the USB port directly (I am extrapolating from the fact that Hotsync won't work). So I'm doubting that tethering via Classic will work.

But I'm hopeful that there will be a WebOS way to tether. I use tethering all the time when I travel (but I don't pay Sprint extra for the priviledge, because I don't think it should cost extra).
    I am hoping for a tethering app that just enables internet sharing then turns the Pre into a ad-hock WiFi network. Screw bluetooth.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Captain Hair, how much does the Pre weigh & how big is the battery? Thanks
    According to Palm, the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $135$ $g$ ($4$.$76$ $oz$) - $two$ $grams$ $more$ $than$ $the$ $iPhone$ $3G$, $and$ $measures$ $60$ $mm$ $wide$ $x$ $101$ $mm$ $tall$ $x$ $17$ $mm$ $thick$.

The battery is the same 1150 mAh slab from the Centro, but without knowing how well the PrPrPr&#$275$; $manages$ $power$, $we$ $can$'$t$ $draw$ $any$ $reliable$ $conclusions$ $as$ $to$ $what$ $kind$ $of$ $battery$ $life$ $to$ $expect$. $Especially$ $since$ $Palm$ $has$ $deemed$ $it$ $fit$ $not$ $to$ $tell$ $us$.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567