Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 126
  1. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #101  
    Re Pocket Quicken - maybe it will allow sync'ing with the "cloud" in terms of access to your online bank accounts. This kinda raises the ante in terms of security, but could be a solution.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  2. #102  
    This puts me back on the "Pre" side of the fence that I was previosly on.
  3. Sharper's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #103  
    I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how Classic will handle Palm OS applications that use extensive databases in order to fuction at full capacity. I use Laridian Bible Software with 6 installed bibles, 4 commentaries and 3 dictionaries. I have to place all of these databases in the "Launcer" folder which is a sub-folder of the "Palm" folder. OH!...and what about my two Palm OS dictionaries?
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how Classic will handle Palm OS applications that use extensive databases in order to fuction at full capacity. I use Laridian Bible Software with 6 installed bibles, 4 commentaries and 3 dictionaries. I have to place all of these databases in the "Launcer" folder which is a sub-folder of the "Palm" folder. OH!...and what about my two Palm OS dictionaries?
    You may have to put the pdbs in a subdirectory, but I don't think so. Just put all the files into the Classic directory and go SHOULD work

    http://www.precentral.net/how-copy-y...-classic-webos
  5. #105  
    While I'm excited that there will be a P-OS Emulator, I'm really looking forward to webOS and hoping that most of the apps I use on my 755p will be ported to WebOS rather quickly. Agendus, Pocket Money and Butler to mention a few.
  6. #106  
    Does anyone know what Classic is actually coded in? Java perhaps? I'm trying to figure out if coders can go beyond the basic HTML/CSS/JSJSJS $format$ $and$ $develop$ $a$ $more$ $full$ $featured$ $app$ $like$ $Classic$ $and$ $not$ $be$ $limited$ $to$ $Palm$'$s$ $system$ $of$ $HTML$/$CSS$/$JS$. $I$ $know$ $HTML$/$CSS$/$JS$ $can$ $go$ $pretty$ $far$, $but$ $I$'$m$ $skeptical$ $a$ $bit$ $on$ $how$ $well$ $this$ $might$ $be$ $with$ $porting$ $applications$.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Does anyone know what Classic is actually coded in? Java perhaps? I'm trying to figure out if coders can go beyond the basic HTML/CSS/JSJSJS $format$ $and$ $develop$ $a$ $more$ $full$ $featured$ $app$ $like$ $Classic$ $and$ $not$ $be$ $limited$ $to$ $Palm$'$s$ $system$ $of$ $HTML$/$CSS$/$JS$. $I$ $know$ $HTML$/$CSS$/$JS$ $can$ $go$ $pretty$ $far$, $but$ $I$'$m$ $skeptical$ $a$ $bit$ $on$ $how$ $well$ $this$ $might$ $be$ $with$ $porting$ $applications$.
    Everything was quite snappy in the classic demo. Didn't look like an application running in HTML/CSS/JSJSJS $to$ $me$. $The$ $entire$ $OS$ $booted$ $in$ $a$ $couple$ $seconds$. $Maybe$ $full$ $on$ $Java$?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8. #108  
    No Bluetooth or GPS in Classic, according to the latest PreCentral posting.

    Big-time bummer. That kills a huge chunk of the PalmOS programs I was hoping to use.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  9. #109  
    PalmOS emulator ‘Classic’ demonstrated on video at MobileCrunch, along with several specifications.
  10. #110  
    Anyone know if a program called RDM+ by Shape Services work via the emulator? The program allows me to remote desktop into my home computer.

    One other program Blue Pill which allows remote wipes of your phone if lost.

    Either that maybe they are built in?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  11. #111  
    I don't know about RDM+ specifically, but if it's just using normal internet data, that is supposed to work. I don't imagine that Blue Pill would work, however, because Classic apps would only have access to that folder emulating the expansion card, not the whole Pre device.
  12. #112  
    Always seeking to push the envelope, the first program I'll try in "Classic" will be CaSTaway, the Atari ST emulator for Palm. I know it probably won't work, but wouldn't it be amazing if it did? I already think its amazing that I can play old Atari ST games like Dungeon Master and Sundog on my Treo 700p, but if CaSTaway works on the Pre, I'll wet myself!
  13. #113  
    can anyone confirm if we can use USB Modem/PDANet on CLassic? This will be a biggie for me when deciding to buy this phone.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    Always seeking to push the envelope, the first program I'll try in "Classic" will be CaSTaway, the Atari ST emulator for Palm. I know it probably won't work, but wouldn't it be amazing if it did? I already think its amazing that I can play old Atari ST games like Dungeon Master and Sundog on my Treo 700p, but if CaSTaway works on the Pre, I'll wet myself!
    Anybody think that virtual d-pad will even come close to the real thing?

    It's better than nothing, imo, but I'm confident it will feel like a substitute.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  15. #115  
    Also a huge question for myself and I am sure alot of others. Can we use PDA NET , Palm VNC, SlingPlayer. Couldnt use these on the StyeTap version but lets hope we can with Classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    can anyone confirm if we can use USB Modem/PDANet on CLassic? This will be a biggie for me when deciding to buy this phone.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    can anyone confirm if we can use USB Modem/PDANet on CLassic? This will be a biggie for me when deciding to buy this phone.
    I'd say it's doubtful. We already know that BT won't work, so you can't connect to a laptop that way. I bet it will also not be able to access the USB port directly (I am extrapolating from the fact that Hotsync won't work). So I'm doubting that tethering via Classic will work.

    But I'm hopeful that there will be a WebOS way to tether. I use tethering all the time when I travel (but I don't pay Sprint extra for the priviledge, because I don't think it should cost extra).
  17. jrtesq's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #117  
    I can't watch the video here at work, so if this type of question is answered in the video, I apologize in advance.

    Anyone think that the emulator will be able to use my NotifyLink to sync my Groupwise email, contacts, and calendars? Currently works with POS, so do you foresee any problems with it working in the emulator?

    Hopefully NotifyLink will whip up a new WebOS version, but I'd like to be able to sync my work email right out of the box.

    Thanks.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
  18. #118  
    I can not answer your question but my understanding is the 'Classic' will work w/many systems & all previous Palm systems. Their classes are on May 6th-8 hrs. to learn the Pre. There is no solid answer yet towards regard if Premiers will receive 1st launch & laymen the 2nd launch. The quantites of the Pre are not yet known to decide this judgement.
  19. #119  
    Under Classic how can I sync my Palm calendar and contacts between my computer and my phone? Is there a way to get the data in Palm Desktop into and out of the cloud?

    Can I keep a few computers synced to the same data base as I do now via HotSync. I do not use Outlook but rely on the Palm Desktop as my PIM. It has been the main reason for sticking with Palm all these years.

    Thanks.

    B B
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    Under Classic how can I sync my Palm calendar and contacts between my computer and my phone? Is there a way to get the data in Palm Desktop into and out of the cloud?

    Can I keep a few computers synced to the same data base as I do now via HotSync. I do not use Outlook but rely on the Palm Desktop as my PIM. It has been the main reason for sticking with Palm all these years.

    Thanks.

    B B
    This article tells how to get your apps and PIM data into "Classic." I'm not sure it addresses calendar items, specifically, but it may: http://www.precentral.net/how-copy-y...-classic-webos

    There is no syncing within "Classic."

    Here's a link to search results for the term "classic" on PreCentral.net: http://www.precentral.net/search/classic

    Here's an article that links to and talks about the MotionApps "Classic" FAQ: http://www.precentral.net/motionapps-chimes-classic-faq
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions