Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    So this doesnt come with the PRE and you have to purchase it?? the FAQ added mentions it will be for sale when the PRE comes out. I was under the assumption that it came with the PRE.
    You got it.

* Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    LOL. Thanks.
    So this doesnt come with the PRE and you have to purchase it?? the FAQ added mentions it will be for sale when the PRE comes out. I was under the assumption that it came with the PRE.
    In one of the videos it was mentioned that the trial version will be installed & pricing has yet to be determined .
    Thats great. Try out the palm OS programs we need and see if they work before purchase. Good deal. Thank you.
    Thats great. Try out the palm OS programs we need and see if they work before purchase. Good deal. Thank you.
    Agreed, so long as I can try the apps I want before I buy the emulator, I have no problem paying for it.
    If LJP works I will be thrilled.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If LJP works I will be thrilled.
    I personally couldn't imagine trying to control LJP without a real 5-way pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I personally couldn't imagine trying to control LJP without a real 5-way pad.
    That's what the keyboard is for.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    That's what the keyboard is for.
    Oh, did they finally add keyboard support in the later builds?
    You guys need to view the video that Dieter made.( Classic PalmOS Emulator Video Walkthrough) There is a 5-way on the screen as well as the hard buttons that you can assigned to whatever apps you want.
    Good Luck

Here's the link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...lkthrough.html
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04/03/2009 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Oh, did they finally add keyboard support in the later builds?
    They sure did. All the keys in the world - left or right orientation.

And, like Turbo said, "Classic" has a virtual d-pad and even virtual hard keys built-in. Just like we imagined. *swoons*

I'm mildly skeptical, but more pleased than not.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Does anyone think Slingmobile will work in Classic?
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Thats the biggest question. Sling Didnt work on the palm emulator made by StyleTap , you could not do any data streaming so Sling and Pocket tunes did not work. I ask Sling at the time ( in reference to Styletap) and they said Sling would not work with any emulators ( there opinion) BUT heres to hoping that in classic they will be able to do this somehow. Would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    Does anyone think Slingmobile will work in Classic?
    The way this appears to work, I don't think that Classic is an emulator in the StyleTap sense. Hell, you can see it booting the Palm OS while launching. I imagine it works like running XP on a Mac with Parallels - you actually run real working Windows inside OS X, i.e. Classic runs Palm OS inside webOS. And if ePocrates can get data updates, then that's one fewer barrier to Sling working properly.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Has anyone thought of this....

according to the demo video they put the epocrates installer on to CLASSIC and installed it wirelessly... (i know thats how i do it on my 755p)

which means CLASSIC can actually get access to the phone's wireless data...

does this mean we can run PDA NET or USB Modem on it and tether?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    The way this appears to work, I don't think that Classic is an emulator in the StyleTap sense. Hell, you can see it booting the Palm OS while launching. I imagine it works like running XP on a Mac with Parallels - you actually run real working Windows inside OS X, i.e. Classic runs Palm OS inside webOS. And if ePocrates can get data updates, then that's one fewer barrier to Sling working properly.
    And just like running Parallels or VMWare Fusion on a Mac, certain hardware aspects of the OS are run through an emulator. Windows-based Slingplayer is barely usable on a MacBook for this reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKayak View Post
    I have PocketQuicken on my Centro. It sounds like the Classic app won't support the syncing of PocketQuicken to your computer. No HotSync available. But I bet it will work as a stand alone in the Classics app. My hope anyway.
    yea this is of utmost importance to me. i heavily rely on pocket quicken sync functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Has anyone thought of this....

according to the demo video they put the epocrates installer on to CLASSIC and installed it wirelessly... (i know thats how i do it on my 755p)

which means CLASSIC can actually get access to the phone's wireless data...

does this mean we can run PDA NET or USB Modem on it and tether?
    this is interesting... would classic allow for bluetooth modem connections? or would it NAT through webos instead? from what I'm hearing, classic may be seperate... sounds like it isnt deeply rooted in webos databases.
    Well this is good news for us who want to run classic apps which need to access the 'net.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Or, will BT printing be able from within "classic"?
    I was unable to do that from within style tap on a winmob phone.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast