Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    thanks for the pic opacityzero

Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Can't get my hopes up.
    Anyone see that Sling is making iPhone users buy a new SB to be able to use the app?
    What a rip.
    Apple users won't care. They are use to that sort of thing.
    Will LJP work on this? Doubtful, although the bit about Classic being developed with more than just the exposed SDK gives me hope that I can play a gajillion old console games on my Pre.

-IR
    Quote Originally Posted by beanis View Post
    apple users won't care. They are use to that sort of thing.
    awesome +9999999

haha!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Apple users won't care. They are use to that sort of thing.
    Disclaimer: I don't use Slingbox.

I have an iPhone but do care about getting ripped off. It's a rip-off IMO since they supposedly had earlier versions that worked fine with the older Slingbox. Slingbox is puling an "Apple". I'm gettting really sick of all companies who do this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    If you look at the pic on their site it appears to have an on screen dpad. As far as pin point accuracy that a stylus would give you on a resistive screen, we are sol because even capacitive screen styli are bulky as a finger.
    After I posted my comment I noticed the virtual Dpad. Sweet! I guess there could alslo be a virtual stylus.
    Boy, am I looking forward to this
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by irelayer View Post
    Will LJP work on this? Doubtful, although the bit about Classic being developed with more than just the exposed SDK gives me hope that I can play a gajillion old console games on my Pre.

-IR
    *fingers crossed*
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    One big question is Hotsync support. How will applications which need that work?
    Good question Grant. Maybe over Bluetooth?

Emulation wasn't a deal-breaker for me, but I have some friends who were on the fence over it. I intent to try the app though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I bet you they will come out with a new app for sling player...which will be so much better looking!
    Yeah... in about a year, based on how long they traditionally take to develop new clients. In the meantime, I'm hoping I can use the PalmOS client in Classic.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    PalmInfocenter says that the Classic app will be available for purchase. The way that Motion has their website set up would suggest it's not going to come preinstalled.
    funny .. really thought this was an aprils fools joke .... geez
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    How much are you willing to pay for the PalmOS emulator?

I think my price ceiling would be about $20.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    PalmInfocenter says that the Classic app will be available for purchase. The way that Motion has their website set up would suggest it's not going to come preinstalled.
    You mean like trial versions of software come preinstalled, sometimes? Interesting.

I guess it would make sense for them to include the trial from the get-go, but I wouldn't stress too much, either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    How much are you willing to pay for the PalmOS emulator?

I think my price ceiling would be about $20.
    That's a toughie.

On the one hand, there's the fact that "it doesn't do anything." It is simply a conduit for other applications to do their thing.

That says, "pay less."

On the other hand, it holds hostage all of the Palm OS applications that many of us would like to use on the Pre. Without the proper sacrifices to this dark, digital deity, we won't be able to play with our old toys, anymore.

That says, "pay more."

I guess $20 sounds ok. Obviously, I'd rather Palm had delivered this as a native application, but I think I smell strategy in the works here.

On another note, whatever happened with that guy who was going to create and release his own version PalmOS?
    It'd definitely be a wait and see application for me. Use the Pre for awhile and see if there's things I miss from the POS, then see if something similar is available for the Pre or on the horizon. Wouldn't want to invest in a program that is only going to see less use as time passes as I'd imagine if it's important, someone will rewrite it for WebOS.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    You mean like trial versions of software come preinstalled, sometimes? Interesting.

I guess it would make sense for them to include the trial from the get-go, but I wouldn't stress too much, either way.
    If it doesn't come installed on the phone, even as a trial version, most of the current Centro and Treo owners will never know it exists, just like all the people who aren't on these boards don't know about any aps other than what came on the phone. Most don't even know that they should put a memory card in the phone so the photos they take don't take up all their memory.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Unfortunately, they won't have that issue anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Most don't even know that they should put a memory card in the phone so the photos they take don't take up all their memory.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    PALM Classic emulator video Palm Pre Classic emulator demoed on video
    Got this from Engadget...courtesy of Phonescoop.com

Palm Pre Classic emulator demoed on video

Direct Youtube link...
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast