Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Youtube mobile doesn't use Flash, it uses streaming media.
    Exactly. Maybe I am not getting it, but what prevents someone from just using Youtube's mobile internet site at www.m.youtube.com on the Pre? Why do we need an app at all?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Exactly. Maybe I am not getting it, but what prevents someone from just using Youtube's mobile internet site at www.m.youtube.com on the Pre? Why do we need an app at all?
    To view mobile youtube, you need the following:
    rtsp support (protocol)
    3gp support (container)
    h.263 support (codec)

Typically this is not embedded in the browser so it involves launching another app to handle it, but it can be done as a browser plugin.

I've read some comments that the Pre supports rtsp and h.263 so presumably it will work, but I'm not sure if it's embedded.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    To view mobile youtube, you need the following:
    rtsp support (protocol)
    3gp support (container)
    h.263 support (codec)

Typically this is not embedded in the browser so it involves launching another app to handle it, but it can be done as a browser plugin.

I've read some comments that the Pre supports rtsp and h.263 so presumably it will work, but I'm not sure if it's embedded.
    Yeah, on WinMo you need TCMP Player (or whatever it is called) or Core Player to handle the actual video playback when using mobile youtube.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12