1.    #1  
    Hmmm....wonder is this will be the App Store for the Pre?

Smartphone Software - App Shop from DataViz
    I doubt it considering DataViz is just ONE partner of Palm. I would think Palm/Sprint would devise their own app store that collects apps from the different partners previewed at CES. I'm guessing that would be the more likely way to go considering that's how Palm/Sprint are currently doing it for their current models.
    Now that Apple has demonstrated how valuable their app store is to their franchise, I can imiagine the Palm would let DataViz control this.

Anyway, I did get the email from DataViz yesterday and they have more apps available that I thought. I think they offered all of ShSH.com's software 2day, 4cast, TAKEphOne).

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Now that Apple has demonstrated how valuable their app store is to their franchise, I can imiagine the Palm would let DataViz control this.

Anyway, I did get the email from DataViz yesterday and they have more apps available that I thought. I think they offered all of ShSH.com's software 2day, 4cast, TAKEphOne).

Good Luck
    can you post the email stating that these programs are available for the "Pre"?
    My guess is that Palm will partner with Amazon for the App Store, as they've done for music. There's a substantial cost involved in setting up the infrastructure for something like this, and Palm can't afford to get it wrong. Amazon already has the infrastructure, and knows how to do it right.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Palm has indicated they will not use the Apple business model and require users to purchase only from their site. Given that DataViz develops apps for more than one platform, this is possibly their first move into an app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    can you post the email stating that these programs are available for the "Pre"?
    morningstar,
    The email doesn't say anything about the Pre.
    Here's where the email takes you to:

SmartPhone Software and SmartPhone Accessories - App Shop from DataViz

Exclusive to Documents To Go users: Save 15% in the new App Shop from DataViz

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover