Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Let me google that for you (since I can't post links yet ) google "download mergic vpn" and choose the top link (download.cnet.com) it links to a directdownload. Good luck
    Can you expand on using EzRemote with Logmein? How does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMyPre View Post
    Can you expand on using EzRemote with Logmein? How does that work?
    He will remote to is PC and from there run Logmein. I will try using MergicVPN with VNC or RDP.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I fugure if we pester LogMeIn they will do it. Might take a year and a half like the Iphone one that just came out but worth the wait. Love LogMeIn.
    Pester away at the following LMI forum topic:

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    I see pandas.
    I download and installed Mergic VPN on Classic but I always receive an error stating the The VPN Driver is not running. Use network menu to perform a manual connection but I don't see any options under network config.
    Any chance of getting java based remote desktop working. i am using VNC server and it has a java based viewer. unfortunately it wont load through the web browser
    Greetings all, Im new to the forum. Been an OLD (Im really old hehe) Palm User for 20+ years, been thru Treo, Centro, and just about out the door to pick up Pre.

ONE of MY biggest issues, of fear, I see may have a solution, from reading here,. I realy NEED some kind of Remote Desktop Access. I have been loving EZ-Remote on my Centro, but see there is some kind of Classic Emulator so I can run that and other legacy palm apps on pre??

Where can I find that emulator,. or what is it called.

Back later,... out the door to Sprint..

TIA
    Diane
    Stelph? You said:
    I can confirm that EzRemote 1.5, a Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Client works under Classic 1.0 on the Pre!
    EzRemote can be found via google search (I don't have enough posts to link
    EzRemote is a Windows Terminal Service and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client for Palm OS that can remote control your XP and NT workstation.[/url]

I have successfully gotten it to work via EVDO and WiFi.

Hope this helps someone...!

I JUST got my pre and going thru the usual new phone hell with it.

Ive used EZ Remote with my Centro, and was reallly hoping that Classic and EZ would be a reasonable workaround for now.

How did you work around or adjust the screen size issue. No matter what screen res I enter on the EZ setup, running under Classic, it does not let me see the entire screen. I know using it from Centro, I could see full screen, part of the screen, or pan.... How are you seeing and accessing the entire screen. Also, its not saving my set up stuff, IP, Login, etc..

Any advice or help, GREATLY appreciated..

Im on day 1 of my 30 day countdown, and I want to like this device, but it has some issues..

Thanks so much
    Diane
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Been an OLD (Im really old hehe) Palm User for 20+ years
    That's interesting, considering Palm was founded only 17 years ago, and they didn't launch their first product under the Palm name until four years after that. The original Palm Pilot came out in 1996.

In any case, the emulator you're asking about is called Classic. Once you have your Pre, you can download it from the App Catalog. In the mean time, you can read about it at http://www.motionapps.com/classic.
    For Ezremote resolutions I always use 1024x600. The machine I usually connect to is running XP Pro @ 1024x760 resolution. One connected to it, I then run Logmein Ignition, etc to access my other computers.I use EzRemote's Pan and Zoom features to see the entire screen/Pan as needed.

I'm not sure why your settings are not saving..Make sure you are running EzRemote in main memory (instead of off of the virtual SDCard. To move/copy it, just goto home and click on App-Copy (or menu-C) and make sure it is copied from "Phone" to "Internal". Also make sure you are using the latest version..EzRemote 1.5
    umm ya ok blockhead.. 20 years, 15, whatever, I TOLD ya I was OLD , memory fades.

And Stelph, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Sometimes just a lil help goes a LONG way. I DID have to move the ezremote to internal...wonder why, other old palm aps, I just dropped into the install folder landed in internal, but ez did not? Oh well , that DID take care of the saving the settings issues.

Also, I guess I was not realizing the little menu key on the classic thing, was available, for doing stuff like pan, full screen etc.

I was about to take this frustrating thing back, but this is a lil breakthru so maybe there IS hope.

This device has some really cool things, but some really annoying parts as well.

Gotta LOVe forums like this where others have lead the path before others step IN it

Thanks again.. I'll be back for the next set of issues that have be pulling my hair out.
    You can right now use PalmVNC for remote desktop using Classic until they make something for the Palm WebOS. And yes there is Mobile TS which is a Windows Terminal Server software. Wow, I never tested out that app yet in Classic.

I'm off to test that one out right now!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

PalmVNC vs EZ Remore for, remote desktop ?

Anyone that has used both? Pros-Cons of one over the other?

I have only used EZ and it does what it needs for me for the most part, but could have a few tweaks. What does PalmVNC do that EZ Remote does not?

TIA
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    That's interesting, considering Palm was founded only 17 years ago
    she probably means she's 20+ years. I'd guess 29 ... that seems safe.

have fun,
    john
    Hi guys,

I tested Mobile TS out and unfortunately I could not get it to work.

I would only end up with the blue screen.

The apps loaded and I was able to enter my ip address, but when I said connect it would freeze up.

So that needs to be addressed by MotionApps.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    I download and installed Mergic VPN on Classic but I always receive an error stating the The VPN Driver is not running. Use network menu to perform a manual connection but I don't see any options under network config.
    Hi hchavarria,

Did you ever get that Mergic (running in classic) "VPN Driver not running" error resolved? I have hit the same roadblock and there doesn't seem to be much information out there on the topic.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    she probably means she's 20+ years. I'd guess 29 ... that seems safe.

have fun,
    john

Hehehe yep, Im 29, but with 30 years experience at it

So I just tried the PalmVNC, but could not get it to work. Entered all the settings, even moved it to internal, but just got a connection error. Oh well. Im stickin wiht EZRemote, for now
    i'm really hoping LMI comes out with an app. I'm really tired of running both LMI and VNC on my desktop computer since I always had to use PalmVNC on my Treo. It's been annoying not having access to my desktop from everywhere. Hopefully someone will develop a quick and dirty VNC tool in the meantime.
    Has anyone gotten the mergic vpn 1.1b (or any other vpn utility) working on a palm pre via the Classic emulator?

If so can you provide some details on what was done to make it work?

Thanks

Mark
    I am also interested in any VPN solutions available for the Pre.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast