Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By bbito
  • 1 Post By horzel
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By john mcconnell
  1.    #1  
    I've had two of my collection of Palm/HP Charging Cables die on my this year (after only one failing in the four years prior) so I'm only down to a handful of them. I'm pretty sure they were all technically TouchPad charging cables.

Anyways does anyone have any insight on if the actual cables themselves are different from the Pre charging cables? All my A/C adapters still work fine so I'm just needing to replace a few of the cables. They work better than anything else I've ever come across.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    As far as I'm concerned, they are identical. I don't know if there is any actual difference, but mine have all been mixed up for years and they all work the same on all my devices. The only ones that have quit on me were either chewed up by the cat, cut by who knows what, and one had the jacket pull out of the strain relief on the phone end. None of mine have simply failed internally.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Wish i had a few more too. Better than the rest for sure.

What's interesting is i have a shorter one from somewhere. I keep it in the car. Really wish i had more of those. Let us know if you find a source.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I think I have plenty of cables, but if you're looking for more, someone is selling lots of 5 for 9 bucks on eBay with free U.S. shipping. Check item number: 171932993807
    I have no affiliation to the seller, I was just prompted to look by TJ's post.
    cbosdell and TJs11thPre like this.
    The short one I have came with the Palm car charger (which my son took apart and destroyed > )
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The short one I have came with the Palm car charger (which my son took apart and destroyed > )
    No no no, he was inventive, nosy, willing to learn new stuff, exploring new things, etc....

Sadly he was not smart enough to put it together again.

Destroyed is such an ugly word.

;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    I think I have plenty of cables, but if you're looking for more, someone is selling lots of 5 for 9 bucks on eBay with free U.S. shipping. Check item number: 171932993807
    I have no affiliation to the seller, I was just prompted to look by TJ's post.
    Thanks for sharing! I couldn't pass up that deal. Hopefully these new cables last several years at least. Even if I'm not charging a webOS device I still love using the Palm chargers.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Made the purchase as well, thanks for the info.

Picked up two supposedly new batteries as well. They sure better test at >1100mAh.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    cbosdell likes this.
    Also got some
    cbosdell likes this.
    Likewise!
    Thank you.. good Palm qual & always handy!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.