1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Can I use the TP wall charger for my Pre3 as well or for a phone-touchstone or can the special wiring to charge a Touchpad cause any damage?

Of course I don't want to risk anything for my precious hardware

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    Hi all,

Can I use the TP wall charger for my Pre3 as well or for a phone-touchstone or can the special wiring to charge a Touchpad cause any damage?

Of course I don't want to risk anything for my precious hardware

Regards,
    UW
    Been doing that for years. It's not a problem. The touchpad charger can deliver more power than the smaller HP/Palm phone charger, but it will only deliver what the device is demanding.
    Just like Zath stated, both the Pre3 and the TP chargers are usable for any device.

The difference is the Ah pushed out. The TP's is 2.1Ah while the phones' are 1Ah.

All devices tend to take what they can/need according to their charging circuit, so the phone would pull 1Ah from the TP's charger.

If you use them for any other devices, the same thing occurs..

As far as I'm concerned, these Palm chargers are some of the best out there, I've got several and trust them a lot more than I'd trust any cheap ones... I've seen several Samsung ones blow after just a few months while these, even after a good 4-5 years non stop usage are still working great.

And I've got many other chargers for other devices that won't work with many devices, while these ones, I've yet to find a device that they don't work with.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    The cylinder charger IS great, compared to my other gear. It's the cables that fail on me. I have about 10 cylinders of various sizes, but only three original cables, and one requires a little paper shim to stay connected to its TStone.

I do need another TP TStone/stand. I have to share it between two TPs and it's just an inconvenience.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    The cylinder charger IS great, compared to my other gear. It's the cables that fail on me. I have about 10 cylinders of various sizes, but only three original cables, and one requires a little paper shim to stay connected to its TStone.

I do need another TP TStone/stand. I have to share it between two TPs and it's just an inconvenience.
    That's odd to me, and I know that others have stated that they had the same issue with the cables, but I've yet to have a single original cable go bad on me...

BUT: I use Touchstones for all my WebOs devices, so once plugged in, they never really move again. There's the one in the car that would be the most moved around (but it doesn't get used that often), but it's still fine after years.

For me, compared to other cables they have been quite good, I've only had a couple of non-Palm ones go bad on me but I tend to be gentle with my gear.

But I've seen a few devices that the port has broken, so the Touchstones are a part of why I love these devices so much. I'd hate to ever have to have to plug stuff in again.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Guys,

Your discussion and my problem with charging devices let me to this article about usb standards: Android USB Charging Secrets - APC Do you know what standard HP chargers support?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I use them for charging everything - iPads, iPhones, Pebble watch, bluetooth speakers, you name it. Best little chargers out there, and the TP chargers have MORE POWER. (which in charging, may not be such a good thing, but they are quicker).
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -