Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have not looked at the source but Amigo does this, maybe someone can look at that code and then patch the music app to do it?

Or you could use Amigo to spin up?

I do not know the App owner, but you could ask them?
    That's probably the right sort of route to follow - yes.
    Thanks.. I'll have look.. but don't feel qualified to actually 'patch'!

Anyone/Someone?

~*~

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    doesn't Music Player Remix have an exhibition mode option?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    doesn't Music Player Remix have an exhibition mode option?
    I do not see it in the menu on my Touchpad or Phone... Nor in options/help...
    Okay I must be dreaming again, sleepy day today.

Think I was thinking of the mini player... my bad.

Try setting up a mode switcher profile would be my only other idea then still or continue hacking away and the music app code.
    I thought at first glance that your exhibition list included "FapClock" and I was like .. wth?! lol

Jeez, it's been so long since i've logged into one of my standard webOS devices, I had to sit and stare at the command line for about 2 minutes to remember "noavterm" and "novacom"

I just went into /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer, added "dockMode": true, to the appinfo.json, did stop LunaSysMgr, then start LunaSysMgr, and the Music app shows up fine in my Exhibition settings.

And it works.

It'll need work to actually work -properly- since it's not designed as an exhibition app (you need to at least create an exhibition window with a different name, otherwise if it launches in exhibition, you won't be able to launch it out of exhibition, because the exhibition apps always stay open and are marked differently, but if they have the same window name, you're screwed)

I wonder how the TouchPad music app runs on phone.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I thought at first glance that your exhibition list included "FapClock" and I was like .. wth?! lol

Jeez, it's been so long since i've logged into one of my standard webOS devices, I had to sit and stare at the command line for about 2 minutes to remember "noavterm" and "novacom"

I just went into /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer, added "dockMode": true, to the appinfo.json, did stop LunaSysMgr, then start LunaSysMgr, and the Music app shows up fine in my Exhibition settings.

And it works.

It'll need work to actually work -properly- since it's not designed as an exhibition app (you need to at least create an exhibition window with a different name, otherwise if it launches in exhibition, you won't be able to launch it out of exhibition, because the exhibition apps always stay open and are marked differently, but if they have the same window name, you're screwed)

YaY!

Hhmm.. nice to get you back in the webOS 'driving seat' then!
    - Even if you were just staring blankly outta the window for a while there!

Thanks! but were you driving a 2.2.4, or a 3.0.5?

Maybe I put "" inverted commas "" around *true* when I shouldn't have?
    Would that screw things up?

If so, I'll give it another go and see what occurrs prior to following up any 'window' works.
    Would that be done by directly working Exhibition App?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.

And it works.

did you run it for any amount of time, I remember when I did this to Dr Podder, I had issues with it launching in exhibition but then basically timing out and losing exhibition. I would need to play with it again to remember exactly what it was doing.
    I just poked at it enough to see that it worked. It was the 2.2.4 music app. It makes me wish the music player was out on Open webOS, so I could just load that, but anyone who has a TouchPad can grab it and load it and see what happens there.

I know that there were at least -traces- of exhibition mode code in the 3.0.5 music app, but I have no idea if there was any functional amount of it. It was one of those things that I noted "Hmm, that's interesting" and then went on looking for whatever the heck it was I actually needed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I just poked at it enough to see that it worked. It was the 2.2.4 music app. It makes me wish the music player was out on Open webOS, so I could just load that, but anyone who has a TouchPad can grab it and load it and see what happens there.

I know that there were at least -traces- of exhibition mode code in the 3.0.5 music app, but I have no idea if there was any functional amount of it. It was one of those things that I noted "Hmm, that's interesting" and then went on looking for whatever the heck it was I actually needed.
    Thanks.. 2.2.4 OK. So inverted commas around "true" - or not, please?

Yes.. Interesting to me that you code-reader dudes spot 'traces' of stuff in other stuff like that!!
    Like detective work.
    I'm more 'hardware' inclined!

But.. Ya never know!

Hehe!

I'd have to look but I think there was a large section of exhibition mode only code commented out.

No quotation marks (inverted commas? That's a new one to me) around true.

After you edit the file run it thru a JSON validator online to make sure its parseable :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I'd have to look but I think there was a large section of exhibition mode only code commented out.

No quotation marks (inverted commas? That's a new one to me) around true.

After you edit the file run it thru a JSON validator online to make sure its parseable :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    So Exhibition was perhaps 'earmarked' to be much more than it actually is atm?

I got there with it this time!
    Thanks to all for your patience and help!

Damned "quotation marks"!

Yeah.. the "school" I went to called them 'inverted commas' - or maybe that's these things - < ' >? Apostrophies?
    I dont think I have had to call them anything since then anyway!

{ "OK" : So: "NowMusic" ::wont::"turn-off":,} - as you correctly suggested, it's running in the background, but can be paused on it's notification, or turned off in Exhibition preferences now.
    I wonder if it is possible to easily get the default Exhibition App 'Time' to also be 'switchable'? Then 'Music could in effect be set to 'default' instead, by setting it as the only Preference to actually be 'on' in Autostart?
    Hhmmm.. nice!

I also noticed that I had to restart the BT Audio reciever on the dock, in order to 'connect' with Music in Exhibition mode.

That's a great start anyway.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/26/2013 at 10:23 AM.

If the app opened a differently named window for exhibition mode than it does for regular execution, then the exhibition mode should remember what app it's in.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Great! Leave me know when gonna be ready, because I gonna buy some unities!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    It's back - or at least one of them appears to be!

HP Palm Touchstone 2 with Audio Out Phone not Included Extremely RARE | eBay

I've got a saved eBay search for it and that has been up there for a few weeks. As much as I would love it since it feels like the last big piece of webOS history I don't have I'm just not willing to pay $292 for it. $150-$200 maybe.

Still I hope someone who would really appreciate it gets it.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I've got a saved eBay search for it and that has been up there for a few weeks. As much as I would love it since it feels like the last big piece of webOS history I don't have I'm just not willing to pay $292 for it. $150-$200 maybe.

Still I hope someone who would really appreciate it gets it.
    Right.. only just came across it again recently.. pretty sure the same seller was previously offering free (US) shipping though.
    But probably worth paying the price of a Veer or cheap Pre3 for anyway, I agree!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/17/2013 at 07:56 AM.

I just think it's not worth so much money. It costs almost twice my Pre3. I know It'd be awesome, but let's be serious, unless you're a crazy webOS collector it's absolutely not worth such a high price.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    I'd rather waste all my money on a WindsorNot than a Touchstone 2
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    cbosdell likes this.
    well it IS a very rare collectible, so the value of course is whatever someone is willing to pay.

too expensive for me though. it would be cool to dissect it and make more with a 3-D printer, but how many Pre3 users are still out there? Or does this thing do its BT audio magic with a Pre2 and Veer as well?

what i did notice in that guy's listings was another rare item, the little magnetic Veer audio adapter. Notice the picture showing what appears to be HP branded packaging - "Magnetic Audio Adapter - Adaptateur Audio Magnetique".

how is it this person has so much webOS stuff but isn't a member on this forum sharing what he knows with the last few people who even care??
    cbosdell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    I'd rather waste all my money on a WindsorNot than a Touchstone 2

I'd say that by the time you'd wasted what was necessary to secure your WinsorNot, then a Touchstone2 for it would appear as little more than a 'cheap' accessory!

~~

@ TJs11thPre - That's right, someone recently paid $55 MILLION for a 60's Ferrari 250 GTO I believe!

The disecting/reproducing thing would probably give you the case portion OK (the original HP TS2 surround/frame does appear to be of a lightwieght diecast metal-alloy) - it is the minaturisation of the charging/BT/Audio chips & circuit board/sockets/coils to then (only just) fit into that case, that would probably be hardest part.
    (Sure, I pointed out the $12 Veer Magnetic Audio Adaptor when a post here also suggested trying to fabricate that too!).

However, I once knocked up a 'poor man's version' using a standard Palm 'Puck', a homemade steel stand and a proprietry BT Audio device that effectively does the same thing as a TS2. (See Pix @ #82 above & also post #4 here: Shout out to Derek Kessler! ).

Yes.. Veer also seems to do the TS2 thing just fine.

I guess there are many ebay sellers who are only there to do just that - they may not particularly care what the item line actually IS, as long as it continues to sell OK for them.. many sellers probably just invest in cheap auction 'Lots' of almost anything re-sellable?
    (In fact. WE are probably doing some 'advertising' for them here as we speak right now!).

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/17/2013 at 03:41 PM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast