Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    I bought one for 350...

Seriously, you guys have to stop encouraging this eBay bloke.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Now that white Pre3 is something I'd be willing to pay $350 for...

Ha.. that's what I thought too!
    Where do these guys get this stuff? Ex Firesale Stock from the HP Employees shop? The old Palm Retail outlet's stock? China? Backdoor HP?

~~~~

@Ventus221 - So for a while there, you could have convinced yourself that it was only you and x 2 others with T2's -
    The rare WebOS devices and accessories. ?

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but also when a giant such as HP stuffs-up that badly, then it is of historical (and thereby 'geek-collectable') proportions!
    But is it a worthy 'investment' too?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

Well Yeah but the fact that I own a piee of webOS history was worth it.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    carldc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Where do these guys get this stuff? Ex Firesale Stock from the HP Employees shop? The old Palm Retail outlet's stock? China? Backdoor HP?

~~~~

@Ventus221 - So for a while there, you could have convinced yourself that it was only you and x 2 others with T2's -
    The rare WebOS devices and accessories. ?

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but also when a giant such as HP stuffs-up that badly, then it is of historical (and thereby 'geek-collectable') proportions!
    But is it a worthy 'investment' too?

Ok for a while I thought it was only me and a few other people with it but I kinda had a feeling I was wrong. But I still feel a little special ;p

Yeah it was worth it.
    Ok for a while I thought it was only me and a few other people with it but I kinda had a feeling I was wrong. But I still feel a little special ;p

Yeah it was worth it.
    Cool! Well there can't be that many out there anyway - perhaps we'll know when these ebay sources finally 'dry up'!
    Black or Silver case?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I dont follow? the color of the back of the charger?
    I dont follow? the color of the back of the charger?
    No.. the all around CASE!
    See (ebay) Pics attached:
    There seem to have been slight (pre)production 'variants'!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I suspect that these are ex-hardware peeps that managed to obtain a few? Or friends/family of these people? Dunno.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

Too late. Sorry!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I bought one for 350, Ide say that it's a difficult to justify in retrospect but I find it to be a really cool collectors device and I actually dont really use the audio part of it too much but I use it all the time to charge my veer which is ironic considering I like the audio dock's aesthetic way more than the original
    Which is bigger, the Veer or the dock!
    Welcome to the club! I've used the audio a bit, and it's not as bad as I thought. There is an audible buzz at low volume though. As I've said before, it's more suited for Nirvana than for Vivaldi.
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Cool! Well there can't be that many out there anyway - perhaps we'll know when these ebay sources finally 'dry up'!
    Black or Silver case?

By my count there are at least seven or eight in the wild. Three or four of us here own one, and there are those three still on eBay. BTW, even though you didn't ask me, mine is silver.
    -carldc

kayphoonstar and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    By my count there are at least seven or eight in the wild. Three or four of us here own one, and there are those three still on eBay. BTW, even though you didn't ask me, mine is silver.

Nice!

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Nice!
    I was lucky enough to test one of these for a short time. Hated to send it back to HPalm.... :-(

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    I was lucky enough to test one of these for a short time. Hated to send it back to HPalm.... :-(

WyreNut
    Hey WyreNut! I seem to remember you having one of these
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey WyreNut! I seem to remember you having one of these
    Heh heh, right back atcha HN! ;-)

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Umm so should we change this thread to the Touchstone Audio Dock 2 owners thread ;p
    Umm so should we change this thread to the Touchstone Audio Dock 2 owners thread ;p
    Only if we can have a TouchPad Go owners thread... :P

Seriously I would think by now the owners of the three currently listed would see the market willing to pay $300+ for these has dried up and lower them to a more reasonable price - say $150?
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Ummm.. Does this count instead??

It's a 'mutated' version 'Touchstone 1.5' - (without BT Audio!) - and it only cost $10.
    - For more pictures and the full build-story, please also see my post @ #4 here:
    Shout out to Derek Kessler!

Thank You!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/18/2013 at 03:39 PM.

geekpeter likes this.
    Some time ago, I was considering what it would take to mount a BT audio receiver into a touchstone, you can get those on tiny little circuit boards for like $20 or something, as parts. The only thing you'd be missing then is the automatic identification when the phone hits the touchstone.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Some time ago, I was considering what it would take to mount a BT audio receiver into a touchstone, you can get those on tiny little circuit boards for like $20 or something, as parts. The only thing you'd be missing then is the automatic identification when the phone hits the touchstone.
    If the USB port of the puck had a volt draw circuit, which once the phone lands on the puck, the circuit powers the bt receiver...
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast