Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    still too expensive... i would buy a GO from Sumi 10000 times before taking that touchstone 2
    That's it! Same for me!
    Only about two months late but congrats to whoever won the latest Touchstone2 on eBay. If you can afford it it's an awesome webOS device (accessory?) to have.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I finally got to see one at the St Louis meetup. Awesome little device. It's a shame it never launched.
    Real shame many things didn't happen with WebOS and HP as it had great potential. Pre3 hardware is much nicer than the iPhone 5. If this had caught on I suspect Apple may have developed something similar too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I finally got to see one at the St Louis meetup. Awesome little device. It's a shame it never launched.
    Yes.. they are really small and compact for what they do.. it's a tight fit in there too, with only mm to spare above & below the PCB and on either side of the coils.
    ~ I pulled one apart recently as I suspected poor connections between the PCB and the (micro!) audio-jack socket, which isn't soldered, but relies upon sprung connectors to contact pads on the board!

It can be a bit finicky, but I also really like the 'auto-pairing' via the NFC BT-prompt setup too.

..And any concerns about volume levels/equalization can be addressed with the excellent 'TouchVol' App.

The earlier (usually all black) prototypes that registered as 'BlueTunes ROM' (as opposed to the later silver/black 'TouchStone2 Audio Dock') are not as evolved firmware-wise, will transmit a 'beep' when connecting to BT - and really do have pathetic volume levels!

Samsung are only just starting to catch up really ~ maybe Apple will go for something like it on their next version?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/07/2015 at 03:12 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Only about two months late but congrats to whoever won the latest Touchstone2 on eBay. If you can afford it it's an awesome webOS device (accessory?) to have.
    I can vouch for that.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    cbosdell likes this.
    I was hoping somebody on this Forum could help me identify if I have a genuine HP Touchstone 2 for Palm Pre 3. It looks identical to all of the pictures I have seen except for on the bottom, above the HP Logo, it says
    CONFIG 1A
    EVT-NOT FOR RESALE-
    I am unfamiliar with the HP Palm Series and I was given this Audio Dock as well as a Sprint HP Palm Pre 3 & an unlocked HP Palm 2. I attached some pictures of the HP Touchstone. Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help me,
    Barb

eb3.JPG

eb5.JPG

eb2.JPG
    mattmers likes this.
    That's a TS 2. Congratulations.

Look at the second page of this thread for some tips on getting it to work. It will charge the phone, but you also get the Bluetooth connection. This works with other phones as well, but not always, and not with the Pre 3 autopairing feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by graybarb View Post
    I was hoping somebody on this Forum could help me identify if I have a genuine HP Touchstone 2 for Palm Pre 3. It looks identical to all of the pictures I have seen except for on the bottom, above the HP Logo, it says
    CONFIG 1A
    EVT-NOT FOR RESALE-
    I am unfamiliar with the HP Palm Series and I was given this Audio Dock as well as a Sprint HP Palm Pre 3 & an unlocked HP Palm 2. I attached some pictures of the HP Touchstone. Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help me,
    Barb
    You were given these items? Whoah, very cool! I've heard of the Sprint Pre3 but never seen one, and I'd be interested in acquiring it if you don't have a use for it.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/06/2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Wow, someone just handed you two unicorns, that's amazing. Congratulations on owning some VERY difficult to obtain items.
    You are indeed lucky!

Either because you were given some nice devices or because someone will probably offer you some nice money for that touchstone.

https://pivotce.com/2013/12/27/the-t...he-touchstone/
    BTW Krotech's comment above likely applies to the bluetooth function only (I don't have one, so not an expert). The charging is a proprietary standard and only works with webOS phones (unless you physically transplant a coil to another phone).

If you are new to webOS, then I'm afraid the HP servers were shut down last month, but it's still possible to use to use the phones - you just have to do a bit of tinkering. Fortunately, webOS is extremely customisable! If the phones came with apps on, you might want to look into backing them up. There are also methods to back up your data - this was formerly done automatically.

Here are some guides:
    The Pre 2 & HP Veer in 2014 | pivotCE
    The Pre 3 and HP TouchPad in 2014 | pivotCE

Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE (This assumes a 'new' or reset phone - if your phone is working OK, there's no need to do this and now the profile servers are gone, you shouldn't reset unless you've made a complete backup.)

Thread on known backup methods:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

I hope you enjoy your new toys.
    Cool! It's genuine!

Try pairing it with the Pre3 on Bluetooth.. the earliest prototypes will show up there as 'Blue Tunes ROM' and the later versions as 'Touchstone 2 Audio Dock'. Neither were ever released by HP.

As far as I know it should auto-pair via the NFC pick-up coils OK too (you may have to make a few attempts, as it can be quite 'fussy'), but you must first have both a stereo audio jack (and also a powered Micro USB) plugged into the device, in order to actually 'switch on' this Bluetooth/Audio feature.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/06/2015 at 11:39 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    If anyone knows graybarb or how to get in contact with her please let me know. All emails and PMs have gone unanswered.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    If anyone knows graybarb or how to get in contact with her please let me know. All emails and PMs have gone unanswered.

Uh-Oh! Maybe she sold the TS2 for $500 and has taken off on Holiday!

if you used PayPal, check with them if you are still in time to block the transaction. You have 30 days for sure
    cbosdell likes this.
    You have plenty of time under PayPal's rules. Just to give an update. I paid $215.95 for the touchstone 2 including shipping. I was in constant contact with this person the whole time until I was notified it shipped. That was the last time I heard from them. No tracking number or anything. I asked about it every few days. Saturday was 2 weeks from that message. I have filed with PayPal to get my money back. This all seems so strange. I used PayPal. So I'll definitely get my money back. And PayPal will go after them. How does this work as a scam? It doesn't add up.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    You have plenty of time under PayPal's rules. Just to give an update. I paid $215.95 for the touchstone 2 including shipping. I was in constant contact with this person the whole time until I was notified it shipped. That was the last time I heard from them. No tracking number or anything. I asked about it every few days. Saturday was 2 weeks from that message. I have filed with PayPal to get my money back. This all seems so strange. I used PayPal. So I'll definitely get my money back. And PayPal will go after them. How does this work as a scam? It doesn't add up.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I guess if you can sell (a non existent?) item enough times over, one of them may eventually 'come good' for you as a scammer?

Yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I guess if you can sell (a non existent?) item enough times over, one of them may eventually 'come good' for you as a scammer?

Yuk!

wow I can't believe that was a scammer. I wonder if she ever even had the touchstone 2, or if she was using stock photos from someone else.

Has anyone seen those pictures she posted before? There isn't even that many touchstones 2, so all the pictures usually end up on this forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    wow I can't believe that was a scammer. I wonder if she ever even had the touchstone 2, or if she was using stock photos from someone else.

Has anyone seen those pictures she posted before? There isn't even that many touchstones 2, so all the pictures usually end up on this forum!
    I haven't seen those pic before anyway.. maybe Alan Morford will update us on the eventual outcome?

Never received. "Barb" never replied to me or PayPal. I'm guessing it was a hacked PayPal account and they did a money transfer. I think the account should be banned personally. I'm not an admin though. Oh and I did get my money back from PayPal.
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast