Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Based on the listing, I'd assume this Pre3 and Touchstone 2 belongs to someone here!
    RARE Verizon HP Pre 3 w HP Touchstone 2 Audio Dock Bundle | eBay
    Not me. I'm keeping mine for now (and it's ATT anyway). But at the current bid, that listing's a steal!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    It will go up. I know it will because if i could afford it, I'd id buy it, take the case to a 3d printer and duplicate about 50 of them with TS puck coils. That should cover everyone using a pre3 in 2015. One good year of TS2 for everyone before they finally somehow kick us from the web for good.

Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    It will go up. I know it will because if i could afford it, I'd id buy it, take the case to a 3d printer and duplicate about 50 of them with TS puck coils. That should cover everyone using a pre3 in 2015. One good year of TS2 for everyone before they finally somehow kick us from the web for good.

That's actually a good idea. I think Sumi has that capability. Hrm...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    That's actually a good idea. I think Sumi has that capability. Hrm...
    Guys, we could outfit them with Qi coils too. A Nexus 5 on an Audio Dock looks absolutely stunning. If we could also manage to get a BT receiver we could even clone them but make them work with modern equipment.

oh, also, i suppose if someone wanted to get into producing lots of those, with some design changes, you could even get away with starting your own business selling qi chargers that don't suck.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Grabber5.0 and dkirker like this.
    Qi doesn't work with any of my webOS devices. Let me know when there's one that doesn't suck for my Nexus 7 photo frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Qi doesn't work with any of my webOS devices. Let me know when there's one that doesn't suck for my Nexus 7 photo frame.
    i don't see why Qi coils couldn't be put into Palm cases, either ...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You can put a Qi coil in a Palm case, however you cannot use the pins that the Touchstone uses. At least not on the Pre3. I believe the chip is on the main board and the pins just connect the coil. I was, at one point, looking to wire in a separate Qi coil into my extended battery case. I was going to look into tapping into the + and - pins on the microUSB (with some circuit protection so that current wouldn't go into the Qi coil from the microUSB).

I had stopped mostly because of time and money. (Well, Qi coils aren't expensive... So mostly time.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I bought some "microsuction" adhesive material for the TS 2. This might do the trick for anyone wanting their TS 2 to stick to the table a little better. It's not as good as the Palm geckostuff, but I think it'll do the trick.

There's an adhesive side for attachment to the TS 2 and a micro-pocket textured side for the adhesion to the supporting surface. The smoother the surface of your table the better the adhesion. The material works because you push the air out from between the pockets in the material and the supporting surface when you place the object, and the "suction" holds down the device. (The atmosphere holds the device in place against the reduced pressure under the material, but whatever.) When I put this on a glass surface, it stuck really well (I was able to lift the glass, 6" x 15"). On the textured wooden table, not so much. On the plastic clipboard on the desk, the material fared somewhere between the first two examples.

This comes in a 10" by 12" sheet, so you get plenty. Or I can send you a square for your TS 2 if you'd like. Free.

Amazon.com: Sewell Direct AirStick Microsuction Tape by Sewell, 0.5mm, 250mmx300mm Sheet
    I finally got around to ordering some of this tape and it made a big difference. Certainly not as good as the bottom on the original Palm Touchstone but it helps the Touchstone2 stay on the desk when taking the phone off of it.

Here's the source I used which was a little cheaper and arrived in days:

Airstickā„¢ Microsuctiontape by Sewell 0 5mm 250mmx300mm Sheet | eBay
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    krotech likes this.
    Another one has appeared on eBay. Curious if it'll sell anytime soon given the listed price though.

HP Touchstone 2 for Pre 3 and Veer Palm Pre Pre2 and Pixi | eBay
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    That price is ridiculous...
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    That price is ridiculous...
    It is listed to allow offers though
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    😭 it's to much for me...
    I've never had a problem with the Pre3 on the TS1, so I'm thinking...

TS1 might sit nicely on...

(Except for pairing button access, but it might even possible to pull out the guts and build a custom casing)

You get the sound, the charging and save some money.
    not bad. actually it would be enough some mod that switch on the power when the touchstone draws power
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I've never had a problem with the Pre3 on the TS1, so I'm thinking...

TS1 might sit nicely on...

(Except for pairing button access, but it might even possible to pull out the guts and build a custom casing)

You get the sound, the charging and save some money.
    Logitech ones seems very nice, also nice design. I am using this one (photo below):
    I had fun cobbling this BT 'TS-1.75' together too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I had fun cobbling this BT 'TS-1.75' together too!
    I remember! What BT device is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I remember! What BT device is that?
    It is an 'Audiosonic'. Model No: PJT-BDG025.
    This is a cheapo electronics trade mark of 'Kmart' Australia.. made in Chna, of course!
    But it has great range, stays paired and good qual sound for the price.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Another one has appeared on eBay. Curious if it'll sell anytime soon given the listed price though.

Looks like nobody bit at that price, it ended and has been relisted with a lower start price:
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    still too expensive... i would buy a GO from Sumi 10000 times before taking that touchstone 2
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast