webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Touchstone 2 for Prē 3 sold
Touchstone 2 for Prē 3 sold
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover

Old 01/29/2013, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

(discussion continued from original Marketplace thread Touchstone 2 with Audio Out for Sale )

HP Palm Touchstone 2 with Audio Out Phone not Included Extremely RARE | eBay

Looks like this fetched a healthy $277...
pl212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow... his descriptions was way wrong in that there are many more than 2 in existence (considering several of us from this site were beta testers for that device). But I would never have guessed anyone would have paid that much. Congrats to him.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow. I would love to have one but I couldn't see paying more than $100 tops for one. I was following this as late as last night. Crazy it doubled in the final hours.
Old 01/29/2013, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wonder if anyone ever figured out if the bad audio quality that Derek noticed (Review: HP Touchstone 2 Audio Dock | webOS Nation) was due to early firmware, or some kind of inherent limitation in how the device was architected (pre-Bluetooth 4 technology, for example).

It was interesting to read the Wirecutter's review of BT headphones, which included the note "...some newer Bluetooth headphones [...] leverage CD-quality audio codecs like apt-X solve the problem of weaksauce music reproduction..."

It would be nice for somebody who owns one to interrogate the device with a Bluetooth diagnostic utility and discover exactly what kinds of profiles it offers....
pl212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

We had them for beta testing along with the Pre3 and Veer... but they had us send those touchstones back just before Leo killed off the platform. They shoulda just let us keep them

Old 01/30/2013, 02:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hehe...I wonder who got it?....
Old 01/30/2013, 04:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Shame some Chinese manufacturer can't clone the Pre3 touchstone and bosh them out for 20 quid
mattmayatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

I suspect that the audio quality was due to the Pre3's A2DP bitrate settings. Some of us are still trying to hunt down how to change it and increase it... (It means faster battery drain, but for better quality BT audio.)

I was tempted to bid on this around $150, but I didn't check it out before it closed. That would have blown my budget (well, lack of) out of whack...
Old 02/01/2013, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
We had them for beta testing along with the Pre3 and Veer... but they had us send those touchstones back just before Leo killed off the platform. They shoulda just let us keep them
Still jealous I missed out on the NDA
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 02/01/2013, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

We will get you in on the next one, I promise! Oh wait....

Old 02/02/2013, 06:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

ohhhhhh
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2014, 01:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

too expensive for me personally
solar1806 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pre 3, touchstone, touchstone 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0