Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    (discussion continued from original Marketplace thread Touchstone 2 with Audio Out for Sale )

HP Palm Touchstone 2 with Audio Out Phone not Included Extremely RARE | eBay

Looks like this fetched a healthy $277...
    Wow... his descriptions was way wrong in that there are many more than 2 in existence (considering several of us from this site were beta testers for that device). But I would never have guessed anyone would have paid that much. Congrats to him.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    Wow. I would love to have one but I couldn't see paying more than $100 tops for one. I was following this as late as last night. Crazy it doubled in the final hours.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Wonder if anyone ever figured out if the bad audio quality that Derek noticed (Review: HP Touchstone 2 Audio Dock | webOS Nation) was due to early firmware, or some kind of inherent limitation in how the device was architected (pre-Bluetooth 4 technology, for example).

It was interesting to read the Wirecutter's review of BT headphones, which included the note "...some newer Bluetooth headphones [...] leverage CD-quality audio codecs like apt-X solve the problem of weaksauce music reproduction..."

It would be nice for somebody who owns one to interrogate the device with a Bluetooth diagnostic utility and discover exactly what kinds of profiles it offers....
    We had them for beta testing along with the Pre3 and Veer... but they had us send those touchstones back just before Leo killed off the platform. They shoulda just let us keep them

Hehe...I wonder who got it?....
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Shame some Chinese manufacturer can't clone the Pre3 touchstone and bosh them out for 20 quid
    I suspect that the audio quality was due to the Pre3's A2DP bitrate settings. Some of us are still trying to hunt down how to change it and increase it... (It means faster battery drain, but for better quality BT audio.)

I was tempted to bid on this around $150, but I didn't check it out before it closed. That would have blown my budget (well, lack of) out of whack...
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    We had them for beta testing along with the Pre3 and Veer... but they had us send those touchstones back just before Leo killed off the platform. They shoulda just let us keep them
    Still jealous I missed out on the NDA
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    We will get you in on the next one, I promise! Oh wait....

ohhhhhh
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    too expensive for me personally