webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Carbon Fiber back
Carbon Fiber back
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter

Old 12/18/2012, 05:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm about to buy a Skinomi or Bodyguardz carbon fiber back for the Touchpad but one thing that doesn't seem clear to me: how is the grip? Because I have a Motorola Razr i with a default carbon fiber back and it feels really rubbery-like and soft (which I like). Is that the same with the Touchpad carbon fiber back? Does it feel rubbery like and soft? Does it give a lot of grip? And if so, which of those two would you recommend (I'm not being cheap so price doesn't matter).
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 07:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I'm about to buy a Skinomi or Bodyguardz carbon fiber back for the Touchpad but one thing that doesn't seem clear to me: how is the grip? Because I have a Motorola Razr i with a default carbon fiber back and it feels really rubbery-like and soft (which I like). Is that the same with the Touchpad carbon fiber back? Does it feel rubbery like and soft? Does it give a lot of grip? And if so, which of those two would you recommend (I'm not being cheap so price doesn't matter).
it feels quite rough to touch, almost like metallic effect wallpaper, its quite fiddly to apply, also involves using a hair dryer to soften it so it moulds into place, can be redone easily without any bad effects. 1 point tho if you use something like the pdair case I have which grips the rear, the case will pull 1 side of the carbon fibre rear, just needs another blast with the hair dryer and alls well.

could do some photos of my weak assembly skills later after work if needed.
Old 12/18/2012, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

couple of pics, indoor lighting making them look a tad rubbish, my PDair case (damned useful tbh) makes the skin almost pointless to have seeing as it pulls 1 side of the skin off when gripping the pre3.

Also i rarely take it out because ofc im paranoid ittl break/drop/smash the second it leaves the case, shame as i quite like the look, at least the skin will stop any scratches from being out of the case and maybe from being scraped when gripped firmly inside the case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear-skin.jpg (608.8 KB, 27 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg sideon-skin.jpg (578.6 KB, 19 views) Email Attachment
Old 12/18/2012, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

touchpad, not far different, tho for that i prefer the custom skins i get from gelaskins, easily repositioned if you fail first time.

cfibre feels rough, gelaskin feels plasticy, yet to get a thin skin that feels like rubber, i do have a rubber/plasticy rear case tho which i still like, linked to it in another thread, will find later.

EDIT: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-gel-case.html

some1 there provides pics.

Last edited by geekpeter; 12/18/2012 at 04:24 PM.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0