• 2 Post By andersondiaz
  • 2 Post By Proximity
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 3 Post By imfallen_angel
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    only noticed this recently

"X" STYLE TPU GEL CASE FOR HP TOUCHPAD - CLEAR | eBay

anyone seen or used one before? not sure if its made to suit or a generic one.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    weird never seen or heard of it before...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    same, i have had a good look around now and then, typically see universal/generic 10" tablet stuff, yet this was near the top of my search results today, if its new, i find that rather strange, but not unwelcome, for that price i dont mind tbh, bought 1 to see what its like, just a shame about the pictures or lack thereof.
    Let us know how it is when you get it, also more pics would be great
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Isn't that the same case they've had on Amazon since a few months after the TP was released? I owned a black one.
    I've been looking for a replacement case for some time, I have had 2 official cases and 1 3rd party case. Both HP cases warped really badly even after doing the hair dryer trick, and the 3rd party case does not fit very well. This case would be almost perfect if it was touchstone compatible.

A case like this with some way of standing it would be perfect.
    ajusta perfectamente, lo compre en amazon hace unos 10 meses.

fits perfectly, I bought on Amazon 10 months ago

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andersondiaz; 09/30/2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Work with touchstone?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    nice, just bought one!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Looks like the "Poetic(TM) Protective TPU Case" i ordered 3 months ago in the US. It arrived 2 weeks ago and I've been using it since.

+ Touchstone works (gets a bit warm)
    + it adds a good grip to the Touchpad
    + all gestures can be made without interference

- depending on your OTG-cable, the MicroUSB-port might not be cut out enough
    - someone wrote, that the volumebuttons would be pressed by the case - my case hasn't done this yet

I'm really satisfied with the TPU case. It replaced a silicone one, which loosened its stiffness within weeks due to constantly flapping the silicone bezel by making gestures.

cheers,
    Proximity
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Work with touchstone?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    yes!!
  12.    #12  
    got it today and like it, yup fine on touchstone, also sits on 2 of my 3rd party stands perfectly fine, i have a custom skin on the back of my touchpad which i can still see as the case is see-through, feels nice and firm, moreso than the HP folio thankfully.

its only a case and cant stand its-self up like the folio but thats np, i either use the touchstone, or 1 of my other stands for that, makes it a tad heavier but to me that just confirms its less break/scratchable, and ofc if any nasty cracks appear they should get hidden nicely.

A bit gutted i only saw this recently esp when andersondiaz says its been out for quite a while.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Cool I might have to pic one up, thanks to all for the responses
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Cool I might have to pic one up, thanks to all for the responses
    I bought one on a whim (im a sucker for anything new for my touchpad ) but I actually don't like it. I have a skin on both my TP's and use a slim slip case. The gel case makes it too bulky to use with my case and renders my skins kinda redundant. It will likely just sit and gather dust,, so if you do want one, PM me and I'm sure we can sort something out
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    PM'ed.
    Since this thread had a bit of following, and found it by coincidence, though I'd mention something.

I just went and got a few of these, as while I use and like the HP case/skin with cover, my wife and the kids with the other Touchpads found the case awkward and prevented them to see the Touchpad while on the Touchstone( to either see the time or to ensure it was charging). So I looked on eBay and this is the case that stood out as pretty what I needed. Inexpensive and appeared to be of decent quality.

The verdict, the wife and kids like it, it works fine on the Touchstone.

It fits near perfectly, it fairly thin but may be enough to protect the corners, but at least it's providing a much better grip than the slick shell.

So I'd recommend these cases easily for anyone that just want something to have a better grip and had a bit of protection... and they look pretty nice too.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Since this thread had a bit of following, and found it by coincidence, though I'd mention something.

I just went and got a few of these, as while I use and like the HP case/skin with cover, my wife and the kids with the other Touchpads found the case awkward and prevented them to see the Touchpad while on the Touchstone( to either see the time or to ensure it was charging). So I looked on eBay and this is the case that stood out as pretty what I needed. Inexpensive and appeared to be of decent quality.

The verdict, the wife and kids like it, it works fine on the Touchstone.

It fits near perfectly, it fairly thin but may be enough to protect the corners, but at least it's providing a much better grip than the slick shell.

So I'd recommend these cases easily for anyone that just want something to have a better grip and had a bit of protection... and they look pretty nice too.
    ive had it for a while now and i still like it, i dont even miss not having a front cover like the old HP folio and as you said, the extra grip isnt half bad, it does at least eliminate having grubby finger marks over the rear of the case, i wasnt sure if the edges would keep their shape over time but so far their rock solid, which is good as the HP folio warps badly after a while.

My volume/power keys etc are all still working fine thru the case, they dont stick "on" or anything and for anyone who experienced issues with their case splitting near their speakers, it does a fantastic job of hiding anything bad in that area.

still give it a massive thumbs up imho.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.