Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AMR-1
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    When the TouchPad came out we gave the OEM case a bunch of crap for how non-spectacular it was...

Now I am finding myself wanting for one just like it for the Nexus7. Can't find one anywhere - leather - pffft, non-rounded corners and chinsy strapy things inside - not gonna do it, no built in velcro style stand - ummm nope, no front flap - scratch much?, and $5 each clearance sale - while i don't wish the TP's fate on anyone else - I do like the fact that all the accessories clearanced out -- I'm Left Wanting!!!

Even with the warping rubber bendy stuff and the very stupid lack of visible branding on the HP case - thoughts are running thru my head on how I can take an HP TouchPad OEM case and hack it down to fit my Nexus7....
    kevets likes this.
    lol I hear ya .
    Even after a year of heavy use, warping around the buttons and USB port, I still like mine.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'm definitely not liking the warping on my case. If it wasn't for that, the case would be perfect.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    The Nexus7 is one slippery little bugger too... If it is at any angle at all it slowly slides right off anything I set it on. It has hit the ground twice and the floor once already...
    Yeah, I've definitely broke out the scissors and snipped the little piece around the USB port to clean that part up a little. Velcro doesn't stick so well anymore, but for a case it offers a pretty good amount of protection without bulking it up too much. The grippy material helps with the slip factor, and can be used in a number of different ways.

Oh yeah, and I can charge it wirelessly THROUGH the case using the touchstone! One feature that I use every damn day.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I'm definitely not liking the warping on my case. If it wasn't for that, the case would be perfect.
    You can get a new one that will slowly take another year to warp... only $5 pretty much anywhere that still has them...
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    You can get a new one that will slowly take another year to warp... only $5 pretty much anywhere that still has them...
    Yeah, I know they are cheap. I was thinking of getting a skin and a Touchstone and just have that setup for around the house. Then use the case for when I leave the house.
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Ok, that does it - i'm taking one of my spare TP cases, a pair of scissors and some duct tape all in a room together and will post pics of the results here...

While this isn't elite level hacking like Rod can do with a boot loader or a Galaxy Nexus and a TouchStone, I think this might work... PS. No Preware patch will be available when I am done!
    Ok, that does it - i'm taking one of my spare TP cases, a pair of scissors and some duct tape all in a room together and will post pics of the results here...

While this isn't elite level hacking like Rod can do with a boot loader or a Galaxy Nexus and a TouchStone, I think this might work... PS. No Preware patch will be available when I am done!
    Haha. Looking forward to seeing the results.
    I just cut all the warped parts off. Lol

Any luck with your creation?