Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Today while looking on Amazon (I'm addicted), I noticed a nice deal on Touchstones for webOS phones, it is only the Touchstone, no charging cable or anything... but the price is worth buying the cable seperate (last I checked they were about $4)... the Touchstone is $3.49! (link below)

Amazon.com: Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Palm Pre: MP3 Players & Accessories

EDIT: Just looked again and there is FREE shipping as well
    And Pre battery for $2.04.
    Quote Originally Posted by webos_ftw View Post
    Today while looking on Amazon (I'm addicted), I noticed a nice deal on Touchstones for webOS phones, it is only the Touchstone, no charging cable or anything... but the price is worth buying the cable seperate (last I checked they were about $4)... the Touchstone is $3.49! (link below)

Amazon.com: Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Palm Pre: MP3 Players & Accessories

EDIT: Just looked again and there is FREE shipping as well
    Hmm. They're trying to bundle a cover with it for the Pixi, is this a specific backing /required/ for touchstones or does it come with a stock pixi?
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    yep, i snagged myself a spare cable, wall plug, battery and touchstone a few months ago

the nice perk of having a generally unwanted phone
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    Hmm. They're trying to bundle a cover with it for the Pixi, is this a specific backing /required/ for touchstones or does it come with a stock pixi?
    Is that a Pixi or a Pixi+ you are running? I think the Pixi+ from Verizon came with the Touchstone capable back cover. My Pre+ did. I think you can tell by taking your back cover off and look on the inside and if you see a little raised rectangle or disk about 2/3 the size of a dime and there are a couple of metal contacts next to it (they line up with two battery connector prongs on the main body of the phone), you likely have a touchstone capable back.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Cannot send to Brazil...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Is that a Pixi or a Pixi+ you are running? I think the Pixi+ from Verizon came with the Touchstone capable back cover. My Pre+ did. I think you can tell by taking your back cover off and look on the inside and if you see a little raised rectangle or disk about 2/3 the size of a dime and there are a couple of metal contacts next to it (they line up with two battery connector prongs on the main body of the phone), you likely have a touchstone capable back.
    I'm trying to think back to my Pixi+, but I don't think it did. I know I replaced the back of my Pixi+ when I got my first touchstone, and I don't think there would have been any reason to if it already had a tocuhstone bacl. I seem to remember that all the touchstone compatible backs had dimples, and the one that it came with didn't.