webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > MetaWatch support on any webOS devices?
MetaWatch support on any webOS devices?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  • 1 Post By brandongoeszoom

Old 08/15/2012, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

I noticed some very old threads about the MetaWatch and one recent one on the Pebble smartwatch. For those who aren't aware, the MetaWatch seems to be way more open to custom Bluetooth development (a good example so far is the Sowatch app which communicates with the MetaWatch from the Nokia N9/N950, which run on the MeeGo OS).

I don't know how difficult might it be to port the existing Community Edition manager app that runs on Android or Sowatch over to webOS, but I'd be willing to help in whatever way(s) I can, however I have no coding experience personally. From what I understand, Bluetooth SPP needs to be present on the device you're pairing the watch to for it to communicate (check documents on their site for the exact details). I own an HP Veer 4G & could see buying a Pre 3 if the Metawatch can somehow work with webOS as I love the flow & usability of webOS & like the portrait slider design of these devices. I also like Synergy, which is a concept that seems to have appeared first on webOS & is getting similar communication integration methods in other OS but it started with webOS.

Thanks.
adam917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2013, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had started to play with the MetaWatch on webOS, but stopped for a bit. Then I was looking at the WIMM One, but WIMM has since gone out of existence (which sucked, because they would have been the best for a wearable webOS device...). I'm looking at the MetaWatch again. It is sort of a side-side project, but I will put the source code that I have up online soon. Everything is done in JavaScript.
Thanked By: Rnp
Old 01/14/2013, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well, according to Mr. McKinney, there was already implementation for it. Now, he doesn't say who did it or when or the steps to get it to work, but I'm assuming someone with a watch and proper knowledge could do it :3
Old 01/14/2013, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
Well, according to Mr. McKinney, there was already implementation for it. Now, he doesn't say who did it or when or the steps to get it to work, but I'm assuming someone with a watch and proper knowledge could do it :3
Interesting. I do have some code running. It displays a penguin on my watch. I just need to implement the different abilities, and javascript based bit drawing routines... Mostly it is one of those little tasks that is a huge blocker. :P

I'll post my current code later tonight.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0