Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By loopytee
  • 1 Post By ArchonAdvisors
  1.    #1  
    Looking for any suggestions on a BT FM transmitter.... I think my ToothPik died on me last week and I am miserable in some cars (it might just be the current car I am driving, need to test in other cars).

Doesn't need to be super high quality, mainly for phone calls and playing podcasts not looking for anything earthshattering, just something I can listen to.

Thanks for any ideas!

Oh and I loved the ToothPik, but this car has a weird cig lighter for the shape of the device and if it dies this quick, don't want to invest in another one.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You might want to consider a receiver, instead of a transmitter

I bought a Bluetooth Receiver 3.5mm Audio Adapter Wireless Black off eBay for about $20, from HAPPY D STORE. It worked great until I dropped it in a parking lot, and flew into 2 pieces. It still works, but I forgot the on/off switch was separate, and now I have to pry it apart to flick the switch. One of these days I'll get another, not real high on my priority list though
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    This is for when I am driving cars that aren't mine.

For example the car I am driving today, 00 Buick, stock tape/cd deck (monsoon) and not my car.

End of the week I will be driving a newer Yota pickup truck, stock CD deck, iPod integration.

Next Sunday, old ford pickup truck, Alpine deck, I pod integration, no aux audio in, specifically put ipod mount in glovebox so my brother wouldn't be messing with it while driving (his first car).

If I ever end up driving the Scion, it is stock pioneer deck with iPod integration and Aux audio in (I would use my BT to 3.5mm receiver/caller id/mic that I use in my car), in my car this goes to an older Pioneer deck (refuse to go to cheap BT deck in this car at this time, as I haven't found one with the level of controls I have for subs/amp/and mids n highs).

Wifes car has a clarion BT deck in it, and her other car (currently non-OP has a nice pioneer deck with integrated ipod controller and Aux in IIRC, once again same nice sub/amp/mids n highs control but newer deck).

Oh and I have one other project car that does not currently have a deck at all in it right now. Motor is in, but not hooked up, have had this car for a LONG time, may never finish it.

The toothpik has been used in the buick, ford, and yota with great success I would say def worth the money I spent, just bummed it seems to be broke.

now my signature may make a lil more sense...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    the gogroove flexmart x2 works awsome I think
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This is for when I am driving cars that aren't mine.

For example the car I am driving today, 00 Buick, stock tape/cd deck (monsoon) and not my car.

End of the week I will be driving a newer Yota pickup truck, stock CD deck, iPod integration.

Next Sunday, old ford pickup truck, Alpine deck, I pod integration, no aux audio in, specifically put ipod mount in glovebox so my brother wouldn't be messing with it while driving (his first car).

If I ever end up driving the Scion, it is stock pioneer deck with iPod integration and Aux audio in (I would use my BT to 3.5mm receiver/caller id/mic that I use in my car), in my car this goes to an older Pioneer deck (refuse to go to cheap BT deck in this car at this time, as I haven't found one with the level of controls I have for subs/amp/and mids n highs).

Wifes car has a clarion BT deck in it, and her other car (currently non-OP has a nice pioneer deck with integrated ipod controller and Aux in IIRC, once again same nice sub/amp/mids n highs control but newer deck).

Oh and I have one other project car that does not currently have a deck at all in it right now. Motor is in, but not hooked up, have had this car for a LONG time, may never finish it.

The toothpik has been used in the buick, ford, and yota with great success I would say def worth the money I spent, just bummed it seems to be broke.

now my signature may make a lil more sense...
    When are you coming to drive my car?

OK, so that's off topic, but since we swerved off track a bit...I'd like to drive a FIAT 500...sport or abarth type would probably be most fun. I need to find some narrow European streets (maybe some alleys?) to have fun with I suppose!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    motorola rokr 505? have an older version of it for years (3?) fm transmitter as well as just a speaker phone. the new version Roadster i think, is better, charge it up and it will run for about 14 hours on the single charge
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    motorola rokr 505? have an older version of it for years (3?) fm transmitter as well as just a speaker phone. the new version Roadster i think, is better, charge it up and it will run for about 14 hours on the single charge
    I second this as a pretty good unit. I think the name was the Motorola MotoROKR T505. I also think there is a newer version out that has a different name, but may or may not still use the model "T505".