webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > BlueTooth FM Transmitter
BlueTooth FM Transmitter
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By loopytee
  • 1 Post By ArchonAdvisors

Old 08/13/2012, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Looking for any suggestions on a BT FM transmitter.... I think my ToothPik died on me last week and I am miserable in some cars (it might just be the current car I am driving, need to test in other cars).

Doesn't need to be super high quality, mainly for phone calls and playing podcasts not looking for anything earthshattering, just something I can listen to.

Thanks for any ideas!

Oh and I loved the ToothPik, but this car has a weird cig lighter for the shape of the device and if it dies this quick, don't want to invest in another one.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2012, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

You might want to consider a receiver, instead of a transmitter

I bought a Bluetooth Receiver 3.5mm Audio Adapter Wireless Black off eBay for about $20, from HAPPY D STORE. It worked great until I dropped it in a parking lot, and flew into 2 pieces. It still works, but I forgot the on/off switch was separate, and now I have to pry it apart to flick the switch. One of these days I'll get another, not real high on my priority list though
Old 08/13/2012, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is for when I am driving cars that aren't mine.

For example the car I am driving today, 00 Buick, stock tape/cd deck (monsoon) and not my car.

End of the week I will be driving a newer Yota pickup truck, stock CD deck, iPod integration.

Next Sunday, old ford pickup truck, Alpine deck, I pod integration, no aux audio in, specifically put ipod mount in glovebox so my brother wouldn't be messing with it while driving (his first car).

If I ever end up driving the Scion, it is stock pioneer deck with iPod integration and Aux audio in (I would use my BT to 3.5mm receiver/caller id/mic that I use in my car), in my car this goes to an older Pioneer deck (refuse to go to cheap BT deck in this car at this time, as I haven't found one with the level of controls I have for subs/amp/and mids n highs).

Wifes car has a clarion BT deck in it, and her other car (currently non-OP has a nice pioneer deck with integrated ipod controller and Aux in IIRC, once again same nice sub/amp/mids n highs control but newer deck).

Oh and I have one other project car that does not currently have a deck at all in it right now. Motor is in, but not hooked up, have had this car for a LONG time, may never finish it.

The toothpik has been used in the buick, ford, and yota with great success I would say def worth the money I spent, just bummed it seems to be broke.

now my signature may make a lil more sense...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2012, 06:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

the gogroove flexmart x2 works awsome I think
cguido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2012, 09:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
This is for when I am driving cars that aren't mine.

For example the car I am driving today, 00 Buick, stock tape/cd deck (monsoon) and not my car.

End of the week I will be driving a newer Yota pickup truck, stock CD deck, iPod integration.

Next Sunday, old ford pickup truck, Alpine deck, I pod integration, no aux audio in, specifically put ipod mount in glovebox so my brother wouldn't be messing with it while driving (his first car).

If I ever end up driving the Scion, it is stock pioneer deck with iPod integration and Aux audio in (I would use my BT to 3.5mm receiver/caller id/mic that I use in my car), in my car this goes to an older Pioneer deck (refuse to go to cheap BT deck in this car at this time, as I haven't found one with the level of controls I have for subs/amp/and mids n highs).

Wifes car has a clarion BT deck in it, and her other car (currently non-OP has a nice pioneer deck with integrated ipod controller and Aux in IIRC, once again same nice sub/amp/mids n highs control but newer deck).

Oh and I have one other project car that does not currently have a deck at all in it right now. Motor is in, but not hooked up, have had this car for a LONG time, may never finish it.

The toothpik has been used in the buick, ford, and yota with great success I would say def worth the money I spent, just bummed it seems to be broke.

now my signature may make a lil more sense...
When are you coming to drive my car?

OK, so that's off topic, but since we swerved off track a bit...I'd like to drive a FIAT 500...sport or abarth type would probably be most fun. I need to find some narrow European streets (maybe some alleys?) to have fun with I suppose!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 10/15/2012, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

motorola rokr 505? have an older version of it for years (3?) fm transmitter as well as just a speaker phone. the new version Roadster i think, is better, charge it up and it will run for about 14 hours on the single charge
loopytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover
Old 10/15/2012, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
motorola rokr 505? have an older version of it for years (3?) fm transmitter as well as just a speaker phone. the new version Roadster i think, is better, charge it up and it will run for about 14 hours on the single charge
I second this as a pretty good unit. I think the name was the Motorola MotoROKR T505. I also think there is a newer version out that has a different name, but may or may not still use the model "T505".
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0