Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry
  • 1 Post By dgdonovan
  • 1 Post By laoh
  • 3 Post By allen832008
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    I just had to share this with the community ... Is it legit, or are these knock off's? Either way, its an interesting find ...

http://www.iphoneipadsupply.com/down/uploadfile/i8/iphoneipad148/download/tablet-pc-hp-touchpad/HP-Opal-Black-WiFi-7inches-HP-Touchpad-83154.pdf.html

HP Opal Black-WiFi 7inches HP Touchpad manufacturers,HP Opal Black-WiFi 7inches HP Touchpad exporters,HP Opal Black-WiFi 7inches HP Touchpad suppliers,HP Opal Black-WiFi 7inches HP Touchpad OEM service.

Could this be where those100,000 Touchpad GO parts ended up? Or was that an inflated figure and there were actually only enough parts to assemble 1000 of them?
    Anyone got $6900 disposable lying around? If so, 10 of these could be on their way to you within 2 days!
    Might be time for Derek to break out his checkbook so at long last we can buy these from the webOS Nation store - An Exclusive item!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    renater likes this.
    well the specs on that page say its 1.2ghz and only has 1 camera, thought the proper ones had 2x cameras and was still a 1.4ghz device?

but hey even if their knockoffs, if some aquired 1 and did a review and even better they worked just fine, hell id get one as a spare just incase my proper one died off.

i got a 7" ics/android knockoff and tbh its just as functional as cm7/9 on the touchpad or android phones, just cant/wont run stuff that needs bigger resolutions, if webOS had the same, yeah id be all over it, their a good size the 7" devices.

690usd for one of those badboys tho, ouch, wonder who their ideal customers are if their only available in sets of 10.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    690usd for one of those badboys tho, ouch, wonder who their ideal customers are if their only available in sets of 10.
    wholesale . that means the devices would be even more once resold by the reseller.

comparing the $690 USD price with other tablets they're offering for sale like the iPad and the TP Opal is much higher. Don't know if that means anything or not.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Or since, supposedly we know now, that the Opal was "3 days away" from production, these managed to get through the production line before the parts were scuttled?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Unless these are really "special", $690 is a steep price for an obsolete device. I would much prefer to donate $100-$200 to webOS Ports to get Open webOS running on the Nexus 7. I have one and really prefer webOS on my Touchpad and collection of Pres (Sprint, 2 and 3).

-
    Dan Donovan
    dignitary likes this.
    While it would be pretty cool to have an actual production go, the price is prohibitive. Maybe the company will lower the price if it sits around for awhile. Assuming that these are things they actually have possession of.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    690 = absurdity.
    I'd buy one for $69 and give it to my sister so she can have a Kindle reader.
    Agree that this device is now obsolete. We should just let it go.
    Also agree, much rather see Open webOS on Nexus 7.
    dignitary likes this.
    I'd probably put up up to 300 based on rarity.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Someone found that container with spares obviously 100 or 1000 or even 10000 who knows. Are they genuine? I wouldn't pay more than 300 each either assuming there are not more than 1000 around. So would be interesting who would buy them. Derek? Rod? Don't think so. We'll probably know when they show up on eBay eventually.
    That last picture looks like a regular TP, but perhaps not running webOS or a heavily modified/preproduction/not webOS system. It's got 7 app icons (homebrew?), date in the middle of the top bar (like on lock screen), and Just Search and other icons on the bottom (never seen that before). If that's a real picture, does anyone think it's just an Android knockoff?
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Someone found that container with spares obviously 100 or 1000 or even 10000 who knows. Are they genuine? I wouldn't pay more than 300 each either assuming there are not more than 1000 around. So would be interesting who would buy them. Derek? Rod? Don't think so. We'll probably know when they show up on eBay eventually.
    sounds like a plan, esp if whoever buys them finds out they cant (yet?) stuff android on them and want to get rid of them fast/eventually.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I have attached my online chat with a "rep" for the website in question. I would not touch this with a 10 ft. pole. Only accept Western Union or money order as payment and when questioned on authenticity of the units, I go a nice explicit response at the end. Classy. lol

Ms Beira (2012-9-2) - HONG MEI ELECTRONIC INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
    Ms Beira 20:53:09
    Hello,May I help you?
    Ms Beira 09:53:23
    hello
    I 20:53:41
    I was wondering if you could tell me more about the HP Opal Tablet?
    Ms Beira 09:54:27
    thanks 450usd/pcs
    I 20:55:05
    ok. how did you acquire units that were never officially released?
    Ms Beira 09:55:49
    We are wholesale from the factory directly, so don't need to wait for release.
    Ms Beira 09:56:24

Ms Beira 09:56:41

Ms Beira 09:57:07
    If you decide to buy. Can provide goods address, we will provide remittance account,
    I 20:58:03
    Do you have any photos of an actual device and not just a rendered image?
    Ms Beira 09:58:27

I 20:58:48
    and what are the methods of payment?
    Ms Beira 09:59:36
    Sample order, please provide the Western Union the remittance.
    Ms Beira 09:59:58
    If you make a payment, we will arrange transportation tomorrow.
    Ms Beira 10:01:09

Ms Beira 10:01:30

I 21:03:27
    those photos are from webosnation.com and their review
    I 21:03:41
    that's not helping your credibility
    I 21:04:03
    Review: HP TouchPad Go | webOS Nation
    Ms Beira 10:04:37
    ok
    so what can i do for u?Where is the photos were the same, because the product itself is so.
    Ms Beira 10:06:03
    We provide wholesale platform, we can sell you need products, because we don't have to cheat you, does not have any meaning, for 1 PCS products.
    I 21:07:57
    I'm sorry but I would prefer a more fraud secure source of payment that could be more easily contested than western union.
    I 21:08:21
    you may be completely legit but it would be a huge risk to wire money
    Ms Beira 10:08:27
    okok
    **** u bye
    2012-9-2 21:08:37
    Goodbye, see you next time!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Haha! Classy. :P I wouldn't even touch it with a 10 mile pole...
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.