1.    #1  
    Since I'm leaving HP, I have to give back my Pre 2, with its charger. Thing is, I was using its charger in my Touchstone. Now my Touchstone has no adapter.

However, the Friday before I got my notice, I ordered 6 of the TouchPad power adapters they're selling for $5. That adapter has a capacity of 2.0A as opposed to the 1.0A capacity of the one from the Pre 2. If I understand correctly, the additional capacity will just go unused if I plug it into the Touchstone. Is that correct? Or do I need to buy another adapter for more money?
    I believe that's correct. You shouldn't need to buy another adapter as the 2A should work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by denimadept View Post
    Since I'm leaving HP, I have to give back my Pre 2, with its charger. Thing is, I was using its charger in my Touchstone. Now my Touchstone has no adapter.

However, the Friday before I got my notice, I ordered 6 of the TouchPad power adapters they're selling for $5. That adapter has a capacity of 2.0A as opposed to the 1.0A capacity of the one from the Pre 2. If I understand correctly, the additional capacity will just go unused if I plug it into the Touchstone. Is that correct? Or do I need to buy another adapter for more money?
    Yes.. the '2.0A' is the maximum current that can be drawn through the adaptor.. it does not 'force' 2.0A into a unit of only 1.0A charging capacity.

l)