webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > touch pad back skin - good/inexpensive
touch pad back skin - good/inexpensive

Old 06/10/2012, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

So any suggestions for a good back skin cover for the back of my touch pad?

I like the idea of just using it with only a back skin to give the back a drop of a grip feel to it so it is not so slippy. A bit broke for the next few months it would help if price is lower then higher and hoping there might be a few to select from that have dropped in price...from back in the day when the TP was still being sold. I do have the hp flip cover but prefer not to use it really.

There are some nice brands out there I figure (just don't know them) that make great skins...at $25 and higher but not looking to spend top dollar....even it it is top quality.

Color, else something beyond just black might be nice but not required. Sort of hoping for a great quality
skin at a, now, discounted price if any are available now days. Ease of putting on the back would be a nice bonus.

background info below, and thanks for any suggestions.

never got a cool leather (fake leather) folding/stand case for the old touch pad. Do have one for the acer icona 500 and ipad 2 (well ipad magnetic cover). if any multiple tablet users out there, as if not, I would give a high rating to a Incase back cover for the ipad 2...has sort of a bean bag attached to the back plastic and makes reading really nice on the couch.

anyway, as you can see a few tablet toys. and yes touchpad purchased at the $149 price...back in the day but then again I had a palm pre phone so we know how that story went.

sad to say I don't really use the touchpad, probably 2nd or 3rd after the ipad for consuming new/reading content thus just looking for one of those skins to put on the back of the touchpad to keep it very light weight and slim.

never been one to use a screen protector on any of my three tablets so not looking to purchase one (if it came as part of the package with the back skin maybe...at the right price though for sure not on my list of 'need to have' items...personal preference I guess.

Thanks for any input and have a great sunday all
motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2012, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Get a Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin. They look great, are rugged and will stop Touchpad cracking. Search the forums for a coupon code, its somthing similar to "get25" and you can have one for about $12.
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Do the carbon fiber skins really prevent cracking? Has anyone applied a carbon fiber skin that failed to prevent cracks?
billyboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 07:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

try gelaskins, they have a diy option as well and support the touchpad.
Old 11/12/2012, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
Do the carbon fiber skins really prevent cracking? Has anyone applied a carbon fiber skin that failed to prevent cracks?
We have them on our 2 Touchpads for about 1 year now and still no cracks as it seems
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

i have a thin skull skin from the folks at skinit.com on mine - i doubt whether it protects it but it looks cool!
Old 11/15/2012, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
We have them on our 2 Touchpads for about 1 year now and still no cracks as it seems
Are these the skinomi?
billyboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Are these the skinomi?
Yes :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0