09/24/2012, 03:21 AM
For SD-cards it's not that easy, but the following way works for me:
Originally Posted by tax curmudgeon
- connect OTG-cable, Y-cable and power
- insert SD-card in unpowered USB-card-reader
- plug it into the second leg of the Y-cable
- the app will start an show the drive
- unmount in the app
- unplug USB-card-reader (USB and optional power)
- remove SD-card from reader
No idea, I tested several SD-card-readers and a lot of cards from 8MB (yes MB :-) ) up to 32GB, and they all where supported.
I've noted that I can read cards only up to 2gb. Is that a limitation of the TouchPad? Or USB FlashMount OTG? Or the readers (I have 3) I'm using?
In addition I tried external USB-HDDs up to 500GB. Filesystems testet where VFAT (max. 2GB), FAT32 (32GB) and NTFS/Ext3 on the HDD, at least HFS+ (MacOS), HPFS and JFS (OS/2) are not supported.
You tried your card-readers with bigger SD-cards on the PC?