webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > New TP-App: USB FlashMount OTG
New TP-App: USB FlashMount OTG
Like Tree10Likes

Old 09/23/2012, 07:33 AM   #61 (permalink)
thg
Homebrew Developer

Hi Weehl_nut,

thanks for your good explanations in this thread, so I don't have to write them :-)
thg is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Wheel_nut likes this.
Old 09/23/2012, 03:32 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
I think that you have misunderstood the relevance of that instruction. It relates to the connection of another webOS device such as a Pre or Veer to the TouchPad as a OTG slave device so that the TouchPad can access files and folders on the connected device. It is the Pre or Veer that "you have to make sure to put it into 'USB-drive'-mode within 60 seconds".
Ok. I've got the app working for me to read SD cards. Here are procedures I must use, step-by-step:

1. Insert SD card reader into powered hub with power on.
2. Connect hub to OTG cable.
3. Connect OTG cable to TouchPad
--This will start USB FlashMount OTG if it is not already running
--If the app is running you will need to click refresh if you see OTG cable not connected message
4. Remove & reinsert SD card into card reader
--The SD card should now be mounted

Each time I want to mount another SD card I must:
5. Unmount the card that's in the reader
6. Remove that card from the reader
7. Insert another card into the reader
8. Unplug the OTG cable from the TouchPad
9. Go to step 3. above.

I've noted that I can read cards only up to 2gb. Is that a limitation of the TouchPad? Or USB FlashMount OTG? Or the readers (I have 3) I'm using?

Last edited by tax curmudgeon; 09/23/2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: formatting
taxcurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2012, 02:21 AM   #63 (permalink)
thg
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tax curmudgeon View Post
Ok. I've got the app working for me to read SD cards. Here are procedures I must use, step-by-step:
For SD-cards it's not that easy, but the following way works for me:

- connect OTG-cable, Y-cable and power
- insert SD-card in unpowered USB-card-reader
- plug it into the second leg of the Y-cable
- the app will start an show the drive

To unmount/replace:

- unmount in the app
- unplug USB-card-reader (USB and optional power)
- remove SD-card from reader

Quote:
I've noted that I can read cards only up to 2gb. Is that a limitation of the TouchPad? Or USB FlashMount OTG? Or the readers (I have 3) I'm using?
No idea, I tested several SD-card-readers and a lot of cards from 8MB (yes MB :-) ) up to 32GB, and they all where supported.

In addition I tried external USB-HDDs up to 500GB. Filesystems testet where VFAT (max. 2GB), FAT32 (32GB) and NTFS/Ext3 on the HDD, at least HFS+ (MacOS), HPFS and JFS (OS/2) are not supported.

You tried your card-readers with bigger SD-cards on the PC?
Old 09/26/2012, 10:43 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thg View Post
For SD-cards it's not that easy, but the following way works for me:

I tested several SD-card-readers and a lot of cards from 8MB (yes MB :-) ) up to 32GB, and they all where supported.

In addition I tried external USB-HDDs up to 500GB. Filesystems testet where VFAT (max. 2GB), FAT32 (32GB) and NTFS/Ext3 on the HDD, at least HFS+ (MacOS), HPFS and JFS (OS/2) are not supported.

You tried your card-readers with bigger SD-cards on the PC?

My 3 sd card readers work fine on my pc with larger cards

Do you know how to select multiple files using .intrrnalz pro?
taxcurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2012, 04:18 PM   #65 (permalink)

Not sure if anyone has had a similar problem.... The program installed fine for me but wouldn't mount any devices plugged into the hub. Devices showed up under Android, so I thought everything was good hardware wise. Ended up removing "BASH" and "USB FlashMount" and then changing my root password to a blank password. Rebooted just for the heck of it and reinstalled "BASH" and "USB FlashMount". Works great now.

I remembered when I installed W-Term that it requested the root password change on its first-run. I'm not sure if the root access password was a problem, but it's working now. Great App! It's nice to be able to move files between the Pre and the TouchPad without a host computer.
Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon)
namgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2012, 11:35 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namgod View Post
Not sure if anyone has had a similar problem.... The program installed fine for me but wouldn't mount any devices plugged into the hub. Devices showed up under Android, so I thought everything was good hardware wise. Ended up removing "BASH" and "USB FlashMount" and then changing my root password to a blank password. Rebooted just for the heck of it and reinstalled "BASH" and "USB FlashMount". Works great now.

I remembered when I installed W-Term that it requested the root password change on its first-run. I'm not sure if the root access password was a problem, but it's working now. Great App! It's nice to be able to move files between the Pre and the TouchPad without a host computer.
Installing 'BASH' first and doing a (couple of?) Restarts seems to work fine.

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 01:08 AM   #67 (permalink)

This app not work for me at all.

I use otg cable + powered usb hub connect to my TouchPad. Tried 2 flash drives + 1 external hdd, nothing showed on the app screen. Refresh no use at all. So what I missed here? Anyone can help?

I already install and uninstall this app several times, and I already install BASH.
The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 05:54 PM   #68 (permalink)
thg
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
I use otg cable + powered usb hub connect to my TouchPad. Tried 2 flash drives + 1 external hdd, nothing showed on the app screen. Refresh no use at all. So what I missed here? Anyone can help?
I assume that the powered USB-Hub does not work, not all of them do what is expected (you have already restarted your TP without any cables and you didn't tried any other OTG-options before?).

Just try it with the USB-OTG- and an USB-Y-cable, connect power to one end and the USB-stick to the other.

If it does not work, the TouchPad does not recognize the stick, maybe you can send a log (see my previous posts).
Old 04/07/2013, 06:37 PM   #69 (permalink)

Still not working for me :'(

I have error code de.thg.usbflashmount.node.

Please help.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2013, 02:28 PM   #70 (permalink)
thg
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
Still not working for me :'(

I have error code de.thg.usbflashmount.node.
please check this thread again, there are a lot of explanations would could be wrong, until now I do not know anybody who was not able to get it working finally.

If you still have no success, please send the logfile as described in an earlier post.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0